NSW East VS South VS Northwest

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Marcussyd, 24th Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Do Androids Dream

Do Androids Dream Well-Known Member

If you are unable to buy a house in Maroubra, I would suggest buy a house in Kellyville/Baulkham Hills. The latter are highly sought after by many, including the Chinese; close to Castle Hill; growing prestige factor; great schools; shopping area; new railway line.

I wouldn't buy an apartment/unit due to the land factor and restrictions around body corp/strata in the future and re-development/renovations.

All the best!

2. Marcussyd

Marcussyd Member

500K current savings, not factoring additional savings by the time i purchase which could be 6 months or more away means i'll only borrow about 450K. Leaving me with a weekly repayment of about $500 a week. That leaves over 1K disposable income to expand my investment portfolio.

You're welcome :)

3. Marcussyd

Marcussyd Member

Thanks for the great advice :)

South Sydney is beautiful and has more character and scenery, however the hills seems to have a lot more going for it in the future, i agree.

4. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Of course it all depends on goals etc, but great point, particularly #2. Many of the clients that I meet had over invested in places like Brisbane - using up all of their borrowing capacity on investment properties, and wound up with no place to live.

Think about buying something that you would call home in 10 years from now. It's okay to put the "big rocks in the jar" first.