Easiest way to make $1,000,000 from property

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by MTR, 26th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hell yes. Say my PPOR was worth 700k in 2008. It doubled. New PPOR I feel we got on the cheap because the market dipped right at that time of buying. Then the median in the suburb continued to rise. Ok, it was more than 3 years, but the graphs...
    Median beginning of 2013 around 900k. In 2017 - not far off 1.9m. $1mill right there...
    Screenshot_2018-03-14-22-40-17.png

Last edited: 14th Mar, 2018
    MTR likes this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

wobbycarly and MTR like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

there will be some very big winners in Syd/Melb, purchasing primary residence at the right time and properties doubling in a short time frame. Nice.....

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2018
    Gockie likes this.
  4. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

this is a ******** table/graph.

as someone who know singapore very well.. countries like singapore all billionaire are politically connected..

still run by same family since independence ?
    temasik holdings = government sovereign fund run by ruling family.

5. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

But aren't they about to lose it all and be ruined in the coming crash ?

100% growth on the way up is only a 50% fall on the way down ! :rolleyes:

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

mining towns perhaps ...... 50%:eek: cant see that happening in major capital cities, but of course markets do fall back after peak and dependent on product, some suburbs will be hit harder??
    If its your primary residence who cares

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Bump...
    So how is the easiest way to make $1,000,000 TODAY?? In Oz market, me thinks its going to be a tough call, unless you have a certain skill set

. No potential growth ???
    . Credit squeeze
    . Interest rates on the rise

My suggestion will be for those who are prepared to step outside their comfort zone and who have equity/cash, ie $300-500K, look closely at US markets.

Buy cheapies in US, in a booming/rising market, double your money I predict in 2-3 years, spruiking... not me.... I am not selling you anything. In fact you will be my competition. My last deal, there were 14 offers on the table.

I started buying again in December and I reckon I have made $100K USA dollars.... ON PAPER, around $136,000 AUD. If I sold I would be up for selling fees of 6%.. ouch.... Capital gains no - I can use 1031 exchange and inject profits into other deals. But I am not going to be selling moving forward, I am loading up.

I am excited... its gets better I am currently achieving 12-15% net yields (not gross which is what we always quote in Oz, my pet hate). Plenty of information on this forum to work out where and what to buy, just do your own homework.

Two years ago I would have thought its too late to buy in US, but there are many markets moving, and US economy is roaring.

The folks from New York and San Fran are rolling in buying up... the writing is on the wall. This reminds me of Atlanta in 2011, anyone who missed this boat has a second chance.

I am onto property number 8 in this market, generating around $50K AUD pa. Still loading up
    My play here is really cash flow, I need more $ for lifestyle. Capital growth is just a bonus. In 12 months time I review the US portfolio and I may flip 1 or 2?? Lets see what happens.

BTW... I am not here to justify why you should buy in US you work that one out. I am just giving you some feedback and I have now been playing in US markets since 2011 and its been one big gravy train that keeps giving.

Happy hunting everyone

MTR:)

Last edited: 20th Jul, 2018
    SOULFLY3, MWI and JohnPropChat like this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Cut back on the Jimmy Choo stilettos and Gucci bags and you'll be fine :p

MWI and MTR like this.
  9. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    You need cash to buy in the US.

The 15% returns quoted have yet to be demonstrated by anyone. Have asked repeatedly for evidence and no one has been able to produce it. Lots of mudslinging and hocus pocus, but every time I have held people accountable for their numbers they have crumbled . By best estimates from all US sellers here, yields are 7 or 8 % net at best, after accounting for US state and fed taxes and then AUS taxes

If you spend 90K USD on a property, thats @ 120K AUD. I can fund 20% + stamps + legals with that for a dual occ and get 8-10K CF+, which is a 7% - 8% Net return on 122K . Much of a muchness, except that buying in Aus obviously requires borrowing the other 80% - but if we are comparing what 120K AUD ( 90K USD) generates in your pocket after tax , Im just pointing out that local returns can match US returns without all the complexities of bank accounts, accountants , flying over to check on things etc etc etc...

Remember - you have someone from here, on the ground full time in the US, doing all the hard yards for you. Even if you have ventured out on your own now, that was invaluable in getting you started. The networks, the contacts etc... the heavy lifting was done by someone on the ground. Others dont have that luxury.

There's no simple way to make $1Million AUD fast. There are simple ways to make it over a 10+ year time frame, though. But it is ultimately very dependent ( now more than ever) on being able to access lending or access cash . Without either, you cant get far either here or the US.

I believe dividend reinvestment is a really smart way to go. I obviously sell cash cows for that purpose... but whether that's your vehicle of choice, whether US properties are your vehicle of choice, whether adding granny flats is your vehicle of choice, or something else is your vehicle of choice.... its the only certain way to get where you want to go without relying on a speculative outcome .

Todd, adam duckworth, Foxdan and 2 others like this.
  10. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

or go to south east asia or pacific island.

buy a land for cheap

wait for chinese developer to come into market

sell.

if ur talking strictly $1m cash .. dont think anything can beat development.. if u have the balls and capital

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

How many properties do you own in US?

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Not so, developers also lose money?

Get the timing wrong and end values will not be realised

Anyone developing in Melb and Syd today are in high risk environment unless they purchased land in early part of the cycle

I know investors who have lost money trying to develop

Sometimes they have no choice but to hold stock and loan greater than value of property.... ouch

Lets not forget that chestnut hard to source loans if building more than 4 units
    DAs who will buy these if over 4 units??

13. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

NRAS grant is about $11k currently? At 80% Lend and 80% rent plus about 20%? PM fees What kind of rental yields are we talking about that'll make it 8 to 10k CF+? It's been a while since I looked at NRAS numbers. Would be to nice to get a refresher, if you like to share please.

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Just make sure you dont pay too much for this product? Seems to be common thread on PC and lack of control?? No idea

JohnPropChat likes this.
  15. euro73

I can read a spreadsheet. Better yet - I can read both the PC members who are also U.S Sellers, spreadsheets. I can also have conversations with business partners of yours - and I have. This is far from my first rodeo

Its easy to resolve. Type the numbers. Hit enter ;) If you are delivering 15% net of all taxes, back in your AUS bank account .... home free..... without requiring trusts and expensive legal and tax structures to make it work , I'll be your biggest champion.

It has to 15%, accessible to anyone buying in a vanilla structure- ie in their own name or a simple LLC.

Last edited: 20th Jul, 2018
    Foxdan likes this.
  16. euro73

NRAS is largely finished . There are very few opportunities to buy brand new NRAS now, and there's nothing available with more than 8 years of remaining eligibility as all funding ceases on June 30,2026. 8 years of 11K + per annum is still pretty juicy...just pointing out that 10 years isnt possible now.

As for PM fees, they typically vary from 6% to 10% ... I have never seen 20% .

90% lends are available. 95% lends are available in fact. Genworth LMI is fine with NRAS. But I imagine most people would draw down 20% + stamps from equity and borrow 80% against the NRAS security, these days.... this way they are borrowing @ 105% and its all deductible.

You can go back through PC and find posts of mine where I have written extremely comprehensive and detailed NRAS explanations, comparisons etc...

JohnPropChat likes this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Thats nice, I can too:);)

but if you dont own property in US you know nothing.

thanks but I dont need a champion:p

18. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

Without sounding like a clown making a million dollars is not what it's cracked up to be in my opinion.
    The real party is passive income!
    What is the easiest/fastest way to make 100k pa gross passively?

MTR likes this.
  19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I agree
    US property, i posted above

Though its a catch 22 you need capital first to grow income streams

SOULFLY3 likes this.
  20. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Easy, make 3 million and stick it in high yielding cash class investments.