dwarf lilly pilly on left, colorbond fence on right

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by deezee, 10th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. deezee

deezee Well-Known Member

Hi members,

This is my IP.

Left boundary fence at front yard is one-foot high wire fence. Neighbour made it clear to me that I could replace it as long as I do not ask them to share. I am thinking of planting a row of dwarf lilly pilly hedging plants along this fence line. Sounds good ?

Right boundary fence at same front yard is timber fence. Condition is poor, and it keeps getting blown onto my side whenever there is strong wind. My tenant nailed it back whenever this happened. I had approached the neighbour several times, but they were tenants who couldn't speak English and seemed to never pass my messages to owner. I am thinking of quickly replacing this fence with colorbond fence ----- before any strong wind blows off the old fence again and causes casualty to my tenants' kids ----- thereafter check with council for owners' detail & serve official fencing notice which could probably take forever to get response. Sounds alright ?

Attached Files:

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You have to tell them first or you bear the costs.

3. deezee

deezee Well-Known Member

Asking these two neighbours to share costs is equivalent to trying to squeeze juice from a rock.
    I reckon I can proceed with the plants on my left and replace the fence on my right ----- as long as I solely bear the costs ?

4. tomerayz

tomerayz Well-Known Member

As someone who works in lawn care & gardening - why Lilly Pillys? Nothing but problems with them, one of the worst hedges in my opinion, every pest & fungus known is attracted to lilly pillys.
    Have you thought about Murraya's?

5. deezee

deezee Well-Known Member

I don't know much about plants. The new gardener I engaged recommended dwarf lilly pillys. ok.. I'd find out more about Murraya..

6. tomerayz

tomerayz Well-Known Member

def look into dwarf murrayas. Very simple, they grow into a hedge quick and are low maintenance afterwards.

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If you don't want a tall fence, westringa will grow to 1m or gardenias.

tomerayz likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.