Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

QLD Durack / Ellen Grove / Doolandella (Brisbane)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by C-mac, 5th Aug, 2015.

1. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Anyone have any investing insights in these suburbs ? Either actual buying/holding experience and/or due diligence insights in these suburbs?

All three are about 17-20km to the CBD; have good transport connections, relatively flood-free, and big blocks for houses. Whilst the area doesn't have the massive infrastructure boom that parts of Logan City Council area is having; I still view these areas as a a suitable alternative for houses, to Logan areas which are rapidly heating currently.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Please note I am excluding Inala itself from this grouping.

Whitecat likes this.
  2. apk

apk Well-Known Member

Bringing back this old thread to see if any one invested in Ellen Grove, this suburb was mentioned in Money magazine recently.

3. G TOWN

G TOWN Well-Known Member

Regional Victoria - the best place to live!
    There is absolutely no reason to invest in these areas over infrastructure filled Logan and Ipswich. Pass!

4. Leo2413

Leo2413 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Are you able to afford within 10km of the CBD? If you are then I would strongly suggest you move closer. Having said that, I know people on here who bought further out and seem to have done relatively well. For Brisbane, I personally like to stay within 10km, actually within 6km if I can help it, but each has their own strategy/timeframe I guess.

5. Nattl3s

Nattl3s Well-Known Member

Eh? Doolandella? I live in Brisbane and had to google these burbs. Mind you, i live northside. Its an unwritten law in Brissy that you are either a northsider or southsider. If you live northside the only reason to travel southside (now that Ikea is also in North Lakes) is to visit the Gold Coast.
    Also i have no idea whether anyone should invest in these burbs.

BB5 likes this.
  6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I like these areas, mostly very well priced for their location. The catch is a poor socio-economic demographic and near to no infrastructure planned in the immediate area over the foreseeable future.

7. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Pretty much my thoughts as a northsider.