QLD Durack / Ellen Grove / Doolandella (Brisbane)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by C-mac, 5th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Anyone have any investing insights in these suburbs ? Either actual buying/holding experience and/or due diligence insights in these suburbs?

All three are about 17-20km to the CBD; have good transport connections, relatively flood-free, and big blocks for houses. Whilst the area doesn't have the massive infrastructure boom that parts of Logan City Council area is having; I still view these areas as a a suitable alternative for houses, to Logan areas which are rapidly heating currently.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Please note I am excluding Inala itself from this grouping.

Whitecat likes this.
  2. apk

apk Well-Known Member

Bringing back this old thread to see if any one invested in Ellen Grove, this suburb was mentioned in Money magazine recently.

3. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no reason to invest in these areas over infrastructure filled Logan and Ipswich. Pass!

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Are you able to afford within 10km of the CBD? If you are then I would strongly suggest you move closer. Having said that, I know people on here who bought further out and seem to have done relatively well. For Brisbane, I personally like to stay within 10km, actually within 6km if I can help it, but each has their own strategy/timeframe I guess.

5. Nattl3s

Nattl3s Well-Known Member

Eh? Doolandella? I live in Brisbane and had to google these burbs. Mind you, i live northside. Its an unwritten law in Brissy that you are either a northsider or southsider. If you live northside the only reason to travel southside (now that Ikea is also in North Lakes) is to visit the Gold Coast.
    Also i have no idea whether anyone should invest in these burbs.

BB5 likes this.
  6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I like these areas, mostly very well priced for their location. The catch is a poor socio-economic demographic and near to no infrastructure planned in the immediate area over the foreseeable future.

7. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Pretty much my thoughts as a northsider.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice