NSW Duplex in Miranda and around

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by CoachLasso, 29th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. CoachLasso

CoachLasso Member

Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a duplex/semi detached property around Miranda and have an interest in below property.

9B Ventura Avenue, Miranda NSW 2228 | Domain

At this stage I'm trying to determine what is it worth. I searched for comparable sales in the area and can see that duplex/semi detached can sell between $1.35M and $1.5M.

While this property looks nice in terms of internal space and looks it is actually sitting on a small land (290sqm) in comparison to other similar properties.

I would think its value is somewhere between $1.4M-$1.45M. Do you think that's a fair assessment?

To get an idea would you say it's worth between:

1. $1.35M - $1.4M
    2. $1.4M - $1.45M
    3. $1.45 - $1.5M

These are comparable sales I found:

$1.5M
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-nsw-miranda-133360906
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-nsw-miranda-132972918

$1.43M
    ttps://www.domain.com.au/187b-karimbla-road-miranda-nsw-2228-2016219520

$1.35M -
    Sold 46B Miranda Road, Miranda NSW 2228 on 30 Apr 2020 - 2016240510 | Domain

Thanks for your feedback.

2. StunningWill

StunningWill Well-Known Member

Wow, duplexes have gone up in Miranda. Are you from the area? Ventura and that side of Miranda isn't very blue chip IMO.

3. CoachLasso

CoachLasso Member

Yes looking at similar properties which recently sold I can see prices going from $1.3M up to $1.5M.
    At $1.5M they are usually nicer duplexes sitting on a bigger land.

The one I'm looking in Ventura does look nice but it has one of the smallest land I have seen so far which is why I'm thinking its price shouldn't be at $1.5M.

Overall, it seems that duplexes are getting expensive. I have seen a few in Caringbah/Caringbah South getting closer to $1.6M. Although Caringbah seems to usually be more expensive than Miranda.

No I'm not from the area. This is why I was trying to get some feedback around prices in the area.

4. StunningWill

StunningWill Well-Known Member

I grew up in these suburbs. Lots of duplexes going up on certain streets. Designs look great vs the design in other council districts. I think if you're buying it new to live in, don't worry too much about the land size. It's not like you're going to knock and re built anytime soon. Even though you may like the idea in the future, you have an attached house next to you. My preference is to look at the layout, street and also the quality of build. I don't like when the power lines are on the side your plan to buy. I also don't like if the pole is in front of your duplex etc. Little things like these can affect the price.

5. CoachLasso

CoachLasso Member

@StunningWill : thanks for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Yes. I'm looking at purchasing a property to live in. Having said that, I'm also thinking of resale value in case something happens in future which means I'd need to sell the property.

I actually like the layout of that property. In terms of quality of build it looks good but I'm not a builder so I'm not able to make further assessment unfortunately. I did have a look at property plan on Sutherland DA tracker though.

For that property the street is probably on the negative side as it is rather narrow and with many upcoming developments including 3 boarding houses.

I was looking at some sale results and saw this one went for $1.645 million...
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-duplex+semi-detached-nsw-miranda-133225906

More than a year ago they sold the other sides for 'only' $1.460 million
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-duplex+semi-detached-nsw-miranda-130376674

6. fezroshizzle

fezroshizzle New Member

$1.43m - $1.47m

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.