[Duplex] Home & Land package in QLD

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Dii, 5th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dii

Dii Member

Hey guys,

Any recommendations, suggestions or company referrals that could help with investing in a Duplex H&L package in QLD?

I've been considering it for a while already but would like to hear different opinions.

Thanks,

2. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

Are you adamant that you want to purchase a H&L package for an investment? I believe that you will find the general consensus on the forum is to avoid this type of product (if focusing on capital growth). You will likely end up purchasing in a poor location while paying a premium for materials and the builder's profit margin. This is not to say you can't do well-buying brand new but the people that do usually purchase below market value land or know a builder to minimise purchasing costs.

3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

QLD is a very big place. There will be different opinions based on location. Are we looking at Brisbane, or out the back of Timbucktoo.

4. Dii

Dii Member

Hey @skater , I've been considering "close" (maybe 10km/20km radius?) to QLD CBD. Something within a 700k budget.

Thanks @Branden for your input. Do you have any connections in there that I could reach out to?

Last edited: 8th Nov, 2021
    Branden likes this.
  5. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

No problem, happy to help out. I will send you a direct message.