Travel & Holidays Dubai airlines?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Sackie, 15th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Why so long? 2 stop overs?

2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I find them excellent, you'll enjoy. Hopefully you're going business? Can't wait for the Europe holiday thread!

Sackie likes this.
  3. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

I've flown Emirates many times and always had a good experience. I can't comment on economy as it was always in business or first class but the service, food, and facilities were great.

I do prefer Qatar and Virgin Atlantic though. Qatar's pick-up and return service is really neat and the overall Virgin Atlantic experience is very cool.

Sackie likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yes going business class. Wish it was purely a holiday but business related though I'm sure we'll have some fun :) I'll try to upload some pics of places we visit.

5. bashworth

bashworth Well-Known Member

I am a Qantas frequent flyer but generally book flights so I can fly Emirates all the way as I prefer them. Emirates from Dubai to Europe is great if you want to avoid Heathrow as they direct to many European Cities. (I have done Aus to UK 4 times since May 2015 on both Business and Economy)

Emirates seat back entertainment (Economy or Business) is excellent with a huge choice.

This year I have flown the route in business with both Emirates and Qatar but prefer Emirates (Usually A380 which is quieter than all but the Dreamliner, Better entertainment, better seats, more room)

6. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Yes 2 stop overs (9hrs, 3 hrs), 3 flights BCN-DXB-BKK-SYD.
    Going Emirates via Bangkok to Europe takes much longer but is cheaper (I think about 400 Euro cheaper for another 10 hours travelling in my case). I didnt care, was in no hurry just another flight, watch the movies, drink their beer & save 400 Euro.

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

OK....so Qantas operated by Emirates.

Good or bad?? I think she's going to book this one..

image001.png

8. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

QF2 is operated by Qantas.

Sackie likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep I noticed that too..thanks mate. I don't think we could get operated by Emirates on the way back that is also convenient for our day and time. I will check again though.

10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Two suggestions if you haven't do e so already.

If you have date flexibility, play with the dates one at a time to see if that changes the fare. Sometimes it doesn't change anything; other times it can save hundreds. I changed a flight last year from January 2 to January 1 and it was $300 cheaper for a single ticket.

If you are going via Skyscanner, try similar fare constructions directly with the supplier. I went to Jetabout directly for a fare; I found several alternative more convenient flights at a lower cost.

Also don't buy the recommended travel insurance that comes with the ticket purchase. Shop separately for that. The suggested insurance with my tickets was $1200, I ended up with a better cover with a quality insurer for $500.

Sackie likes this.
  11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks @geoffw . Doing as you suggested now. The issue is flexibility on date and time...

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

OK....

so if you only had 3 full days to be a tourist, what would be the 3 to 5 'must see/go to' places in London??

13. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

@Leo2413 you would surely have to try for a Premier League match!

Sackie likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind! :) But I don't think the wife would buy that idea... spending 33% of our free time on a league match...If we had more leisure time then it would be no problem.

Mick Butterfield likes this.
  15. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

V
    Very true. I would then suggest the typical things like Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, Thames River cruise. Etc. Highlights for us though were catching a show on West End with a lovely meal and I didn't mind Kew Gardens for something a little more slow paced.

Sackie likes this.
  16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I've made a note of all those place, she definitely wants to do the river cruise. Might just skip Tower Bridge as our hotel is there :)

Mick Butterfield likes this.
  17. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Best way to spend 3Days in London?

Buy one of those super cheap airfares to France, Spain, Ireland, Italy (pick one). Spend 3 enjoyable days in a nice city. Return to London to do what you need to do, fly out.

Blacky

Sackie likes this.
  18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Blacky hey now that's another great idea...hmm I'll put your proposal forward :)

19. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

It would be say 3 hours out of 3 days, , hardly 33%...

20. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

hahaha you remind me of a friend of mine whose favourite things about London include being close to France and Spain. oh and ricketts

edit - found his post about it
    Paris Syndrome Helped Me Reconsider My Hatred of London

small excerpt

"
    It’s not Paris Syndrome, I’m just not that into London. And, I just don’t want Yomadic to go three months without having at least onenegative article. Warning: here it is. Sure, there are bigger targets in life than London. But, the fact remains, in my humble opinion, London’s best tourist attraction is its proximity to Paris, and the other grand cities of continental Europe. It’s a popular theme, ask anyone about why they love living in London and odds are “you can travel to Europe so easily” will be high on their list....."

"...This is not what has happened to me, during my most recent visit to London. Indeed, my realistic expectations were met fair and square. Going in, I knew I would find a city filled with residents of questionable dental hygiene, a cuisine known predominantly for sausages and pasties, and architecture that can sometimes rank amongst the most brutal that humans have ever conceived. Despite spending time exploring and photographing these obvious high-lights, I’m still not smitten with London."

Last edited: 22nd Jul, 2016
    Blacky likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.