Driving from Elwood to Geelong in morning when is peak hour traffic bad pls

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by justine77, 18th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

I am driving from Elwood to Geelong and Back on a weekday and I must b there around 9 am
    and I wonder in both the morning and afternoon between which hors is traffic heavier and how long would it take me if I drive at those peak hours
    or what times I’d have to travel for an easier ride and how long will it take me at other non peak times pls

How long will it take me in peak hour

Is it peak hour heavier traffic 7-10

And 4-7
    or more or when is traffic heavier pls

I can’t b late and have to b there different days around 8.30 or 9

How early should I leave and how long will it take me pls

Also for way. Bac. Which hours r heavier traffic st the end of the day
    3-7?

Does anyone know how long the way back will b and what times r heavier traffic

2. Dave3214

Dave3214 Well-Known Member

I had to google to check where Elwood is, it's a relatively inner suburb of Melbourne 8K's from the Melbourne CBD. :p

I can at least say that most of the traffic on the Princes Hwy is heading the opposite way to you, at least once you get onto the Westgate Bridge, i'd be rather shocked if traffic is such coming into Geelong that by that stage it takes longer than say 50-55 minutes. But no idea how long it'll take to negotiate inner Melbourne's traffic to get to the Westgate in peak hour.

Whereabouts in Geelong? LaTrobe Tce gets quite full on in Geelong in the peak times either way, and Geelong council's fetish with 40 k zones in the CBD do annoy this lifelong Geelong resident. The closer your employment is to the Geelong Ring road the better, or if it's in the Northern suburbs of course.

3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Google maps has directions and time of day traffic guide/trip times

Joynz likes this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Do you have to drive?

The train will take 1.5hrs, driving in non peak hour will take around an hour.

As @Dave3214 there won't be too much traffic going to Geelong from the city but you have the journey from Elwood to the CBD to get through first and that could easily take the whole journey over 1.5hrs

Chrispy likes this.
  5. Hwa Rang

Hwa Rang Member

I used to live at Williamstown and work in geelong (9am-6pm) and id sit on 100kph all the way into corio and 100kph back. Would leave home abt 750am and arrive before 9.
    You are going against the traffic for that part. For you the challenge is from Elwood to the bridge

Nadine Cross likes this.