Donald Trumps Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by balwoges, 15th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I don't think a lot of the Left/Democrats will change their view no matter what nice information comes out about him (and there is a lot - that never gets reported on enemedia).

Just today; he secured a $50b investment (and 50,000 possible jobs) from a major Japanese Bank.

Even if you put down 1/4 of those figures as actual truth; it's pretty good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Dec, 2016
    MTR likes this.
  2. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

Just watched his live rally at Fayetteville, North Carolina. As always plenty of good fun.

My favourite was when he said "USA had thousands and thousands of people coming in, we dont know where they come from, who they are, what they want, if they love america? no some of them dont love us"

and of course the ending rally cry of "on the millions and millions of caps we have sold, signs that say, We are going to make America great again. greater than ever before!"

He has also started shaking up things at Boeing by tweeting that 4billion for the new AIr Force 1 is too much. "i want them to make money, but not that much" ROFL...

Last edited: 7th Dec, 2016
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if Fox has told the truth about the number of jobs he has really "saved" at Carrier? It is not "over 1000" according to some news sites. But that big number sure sounds good.

I watched (and still do) mainly CNN but also watch Fox. I found Fox as biased as CNN. Their bias was very obvious. I would call neither network fair and balanced from what I saw.

And a 40 rating this early is nothing to be happy about.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Its the Trump Show.....
    I don't know about the job scenario in North Carolina... but Let me tell you that NC is one of the hottest property markets in the USA prices are soaring. Too high entry level for me.

MTR:)

5. Kangabanga

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

7. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Again, balanced is definitely up for debate. Fox being mainstream media isn't.

Personally I think they're mostly all crap

2FAST4U likes this.
  8. Bayview

I regard Fox as a "mainstream media" station.

Why? Because they are on Pay-TV same as CNN, MSNBC, ABC etc; so based on that; I'd say they are a mainstream media...just one of the very very few who aren't anti-Trump though.

The Election night was a good example; Fox anchors and commentators were elated, while CNN and the others were calling it a dark day for the Planet, very dejected and shocked tones from the commentators, and one anchor (one of the Debate moderators) was actually crying at the result. o_O

Funny thing is though; when they talk about CNN and MSNBC etc on Fox; they themselves call those other stations "mainstream media" - as though they (Fox) aren't.

MTR likes this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

back to the Trump Show

Apparently Japanese JV capitalist

just saw this, Trump and the art of the deal, will it be a deal a week, a deal a month....very good news, bring back jobs and confidence in US market

Sackie and Bayview like this.
  10. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Just give Mr Trump six months and see who flew over America,s Cuckoo's nest..

11. wylie

Don't you think if Hillary had won the Fox anchors and commentators would have been calling it a dark day for the Planet (certainly for the US) and the CNN anchors and commentators would have been elated???

And the commentator was not crying. I've seen the footage (shown again just yesterday). That is not true. Trump mocked her but I've seen the clip in its context. No tears.

geoffw likes this.
  12. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

Fox clearly understood that they are in the minority, separate from the rest of the 'established' media that defines political correctness, mainstream culture and politics. Being mainstream is part of establishment and represent the elite, generally much like California and NY, the bastion of HRC support and the major basis of her popular vote. Fox entertained other possibilities!

Bayview and MTR like this.
  13. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Rupert Murdoch is the establishment

Fox is by far the highest rating. making nonsense claims it's some kind of minority underdog is ludicrous

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

yes, fox is killing it...

Now Trump is playing mainstream media like a violin

Sackie and Bayview like this.
  15. Bayview

It is true that it is the highest rating. My opinion is that this is because the majority of folks have woken up to the bias of the other (news) players, and have turned away from them.

As far as I can tell; no-one here has said Fox is a "minority under-dog".

But it has been said that it is one of the very few not Left/Democrat/Pro Hillary/Anti-Trump news services....and perhaps the most balanced of all of them in terms of how much good and bad coverage of each Candidate....

This is not to say they are totally balanced; I have mentioned already that they are mostly supportive of Trump (but Bill Reilly and Megyn Kelly hav often pressured Trump hard on various issues), rather than completely anti-Trump as are the rest.

Francesco and MTR like this.
  16. Bayview

Fox actually were calling it a dark day if Hillary were to win; long before the final result....months before, and they pointed out the various reasons why this was the case.

Granted; Martha Redditz was not actually "crying"...however she was visibly upset with a quivering voice, and her mood was the general mood across not just that panel, but most of the mainstream media panels that night (and still are).

It needs to be remembered that Trump did not send anyone to Iraq or Syria, etc, and has not "divided America"...he is not in the White House yet....that has all happened under the current and previous Administrations.

17. wylie

Ummm... she is not even near crying. Watch it again.

And Trump mocking her and flailing his arms whilst doing so was just so childish. He may make America great again but he is hard to stomach.

And without looking for the quote or the numbers, I believe he has the lowest approval rating of any PEOTUS so far.

geoffw likes this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Read the title of this thread.... its weird but mention the word "Trump" and no one can stay on topic (including me:)) always goes back to the person.
    Lets get back on track....tax cuts in US and impact of this??????

Francesco and Bayview like this.
  19. Bayview

And this one just today;

Sackie likes this.
  20. Kangabanga

Lol fox vs cnn. I do wonder how long the BIG media can continue to bash trump, they'll probably have to stop once he actually becomes a popular president and no one is interested in watching their channels anymore==less profits

I normally tune in to BBC for international News. However for British news I will tune in to media form other countries.
    Bloomberg is still my go to for general business news coverage.

Back to OP : There will be some impact on USA economy, hard to say good or bad until it happens. Supposed to be good as Trump admin claims. Impact on Aus should be negligible since we don't store much of the funds stashed overseas by multicorps so won't be losing capital as these firms repatriate the monies back home to USA.

@Goreng Ming : trump seems to be doing a good job huh :D Carrier / Boeing and now Steel. As expected, all big businesses will be scrambling to fall in line, its just good PR and good business to be on the side of the president, nothing like actually bringing back "JOBS AND GROWTH" making you popular.

This goes on a couple more weeks we will might even see Malcolm and Co. jump on the Trump bandwagon. Maybe for starters start with the Auto Manufacturers like Holden / Toyota and threaten them with tariffs, make em change their mind. x Oh yah and threaten the Chinese as manipulators, block all their illegal funds and purchases of Aussie core assets, make friends with Taiwan/japan and south korea.

Let's "Make Australia Great Again" !!!

anyone??

Last edited: 8th Dec, 2016