Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

2. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Another view

Geez, look at him when he's younger

Francesco likes this.
  4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The trouble with these reports is that they don't seem to make any difference.

There's been so many reports about telling lies, short changing suppliers, discriminating against blacks as tenants, and so on- that the end effect is that any new reports of wrongdoing don't seem to matter. It's like, "ho hum, her's another one".

The New York Times' editorial states
    But that won't make any difference IMO.

The first debate will come up shortly. I'd hazard a guess that Hillary will have all the logic, and will be able to out argue Trump on anything- but all he has to do is to repeatedly say "crooked Hillary", while offering nothing of substance to back up his policies, to win the support of voters.

I hate to say this, but I suspect that we may be going to see a president Trump.

And btw- Trump's proposals to stop Muslim immigration and to deport Mexican immigrants will most certainly decrease the Democrat voting pool in the next election.

willair likes this.
  5. jim1964

jim1964 1941

6. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Yep. Logic, facts and reason often have no part in peoples' decision making, as much as we want to think it does.

Clinton lost the election when she collapsed at the 9/11 memorial. i know she was legitimately sick, but the visual impact of a potential commander in chief collapsing at that very poignant moment... Imagery and perceptions beat facts for the masses every time.

Trump in a landslide, unless he's been hiding a huge skeleton that jumps out before Nov. 8, or he's assassinated. I don't particularly like him, but his persuasion tactics have been incredible right from the primaries..

For the record I don't like Clinton either, but I dont lose sleep over these things :)

Last edited: 25th Sep, 2016
    Phar Lap, Tim86 and willair like this.
  7. jim1964

jim1964 1941

willair likes this.
  8. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

willair likes this.
  9. geoffw

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Quite typical of this campaign. Style vs substance.

This was in response to Mark Cuban being invited to the debate by Clinton. Cuban has offered Trump, or a charity of his choice, $10M to sit down for a four hour interview to explain his policies in detail.

In response, Trump calls him "dopey" and "failed".

So when this person who challenges Trump to explain his policies (a challenge almost any other presidential candidate ever would be happy to accept) will appear at the debate, Trump threatens to bring somebody who had an affair with her husband. Thus deflecting from substance and attacking on emotion.

Even apart from the sexism inherent in bringing the spouse's past actions against her.

Latest reports are that Flowers has been uninvited.

10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Well except for the illegal mail servers. And:

Valiant Thor likes this.
  11. geoffw

Hillary is no saint. But I think she's a whole heap better than Trump.

The weekend America's newspapers called Donald Trump a liar

Four major new organisations (New York Times, Washington Post, Politico, Los Angeles Times) have said that Trump lies much more often than Hillary. For the first time, some of them have used the word "lying" for the first time.

Just one sample:
    Trump's supporters laud his ability to make money. However, along that path he has been accused of stepping on a lot of people along the way. He's been accused of using lawsuits at every step of the way to enforce his way. He's made a lot of people broke along the way by refusing to pay what he was contractually obliged to do. He has actively discriminated against races he doesn't want. He has had business links with the mob. He has hired illegal overseas workers.

Clinton is no angel either. But unfortunately the contest is really just between these two people. Clinton has made millions, not billions- and she hasn't left anywhere near the same trail of ruined people along the way.

willair likes this.
  12. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Trust me, I,m a doctor.

13. MikeE

MikeE Member

Nutjob

Valiant Thor likes this.
  14. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Didn't the mods ban you last week?

15. geoffw

I don't know if this is the same person, or another person logging onto the forum purely to rubbish Clinton. It may be an existing member who doesn't want to post in their own name.

Regardless, this is style over substance once again- just like Trump. The way a person laughs at a joke is apparently far more important to who is running the country than what a person has to say.

16. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

It is not a joke. It is the cavalier attitude towards killing a sovereign head that is disconcerting. US has a track record of doing that and Sadam Hussein and Gadaffi are examples.

Valiant Thor likes this.
  17. geoffw

I don't disagree with your sentiment. But that wasn't clear in the post.

In many other ways I would describe cavalier as a word much better applied to Trump than Clinton.

18. Valiant Thor

Valiant Thor Member

Misquote. He never said that. He said he would be biased in dealing with the case involving Mexico/Mexicans because he is Mexican. In the same way they don't allow a jury of white people to judge a black guy or vice-versa.

By your username and pic I assume you are Indian (correct me if I'm wrong). How does this racism you talk of compare to back in India, which is by far a more racist country according to this study. All countries in the Angosphere and Latin America rated the least racist.

Yes, you are right. I was wrong and learned something here. I'll made a correction, Mexico want to make a wall on their Southern border, but no wall exists right now.

Hi Geoff. I'll share why I think the way I do here. I believe the world is ruled by wealthy banking families (the '1%'). These families own the media and as well as the majority of our politicians through their donations. They are scared of Trump, because (contrary to popular belief) he is not 'one of them', which is why you have seen a coordinated attack on this guy and constant smear campaigns. If he was part of the 1% he wouldn't be attacked so viciously. Small penis, small hands, his hair, tax evader, womaniser, rips people off, rapist, even child rapist... they've used every tactic in the book so far. Scratch the surface and there is little proof with the majority of these things, just media spin.

Even Google is manipulating their search results to influence this election - . This is how far their influence can reach.

In my view, the trouble is people can't see this. They have been the hidden hand in every major conflict in modern history, usually financing and providing goods and services to both sides and reaping massive profits. These are the same people who owned Bush, Obama and Clinton who invaded and destroyed so many countries and are now pushing for a WW3 with China and Russia! Just in the last month Clinton has threatened Russia with military action (a cyber war being the easiest of all false flags to stage). Does this concern any of your pro-Clinton people? It scares the hell out of me!

Meanwhile, Trump is trying to mend the Wests relationship with Russia, almost even having a bro-mance with him. Yet the media is filled with stories about 'madman Trump having the nuclear codes'??

Pretty far out stuff and some may say I'm loony. If you think this, look out for the following themes repeating in your media:

1. Any country not under the control of the Western central bankers is bad (hackers, war mongers, 'aggressive', etc) - Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Russia, North Korea, China, etc.
    2. The promotion of lifestyles that cannot reproduce (I'm happy for people live however they choose, but notice how all this 'trans' talk became the hot topic from nothing?)
    3. Pumping the fear of ISIS (who is their proxy Army they fund and arm and now help on the battlefield).
    4. Pumping the fear of Zika (which is about as harmful as the common cold, Brazil found that it was pesticides that caused those birth defects).
    5. Planting the seed of a 'cyber attack'
    ... I could go on.

Except for all those dead people...

Also, checkout how many billions she's made via the Clinton foundation. A foundation which barely passes on any of it "donations" to charities.

America will soon vote between two people, a guy who has been out in the real world building real business and has been putting mints on peoples pillows for 20 years, or one who lied under oath, created ISIS through her policies, created the European migrant crisis toppling Qaddafi and is poking the bear right in the eye...

Phar Lap, Francesco and willair like this.
  19. geoffw

Except that the case he was dealing with had nothing to do with Mexicans. It was to do with Trump University.

How does attacking another country for racism help defend your man's stand on other races?

Further statements are getting into conspiracy theories. By definition, people who disagree with the conspiracy theory are either a part of the conspiracy or are completely blinded by it. This is apart from the hateful homophobic slur you've made.

radson, willair, LibGS and 1 other person like this.
  20. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

Trump is exactly what the capitalism empire needs.... it may help trigger a complete political & economic reset that is long overdue.

Phar Lap, willair and LibGS like this.