Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The point Wylie is making is that - feeling like a broken record here - just because some of us are anti-Trump DOES NOT mean we are, were or ever will be pro-Hillary.

Trump is an entity unto itself - and simply because the current views of the quiet majority do not equate to your current noisy minority views, does not mean the views are unbalanced.

Trump seems to be offending almost everyone, including a significant portion of his voter base, so I would suggest the subsequent majority view of the media is simply reflecting the view of the majority of it's consumers.

Last edited: 23rd May, 2017
    Ed Barton, geoffw and wylie like this.
  2. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Would I be correct in assuming that it's unlikely that there'd be an anti-Hillary thread if she'd won?

How can you presume to know the collective opinion of the silent majority? Perhaps the silent majority are Trump-neutral, or even pro-Trump but don't say anything because the anti-Trumpers will give them such a hard time for having an opinion that's different to theirs?

Did you miss the US election? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened there, otherwise how would the polls have predicted a Hillary win, and ended up with the opposite?

MTR and Bayview like this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'd say for sure several members would have started an anti-Hillary thread. What makes you think otherwise? There is as much bile here aimed at Hillary as Trump, and other US pollies (past and present). Feelings are strong in both camps.

And I'd say many people couldn't give a rats about Trump or US politics. But there are as many pro-Trump here as anti-Trump and I'd also agree plenty likely don't care enough to comment or don't want to join the fracas (which, frankly, is going nowhere).

And neither side will give an inch, and that's ok.

Ed Barton and Phase2 like this.
  4. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

6+ months on and the Trumpers still can't recognise he won. Trump is the president, with that comes great responsibility.

5. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Im sorry but you continue to contradict yourself.
    One second its bile with neither side giving an inch, but that's ok…?

6. wylie

I'm not contradicting myself at all. It is ok to have a discussion and never agree with each other. It happens all the time.

7. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

You called out bile being dished out "here".
    Is that an insult from you?
    I'm seriously trying to understand where you are coming from with this type of comment?
    Please don't have me modded for asking this question as I'm only stating what you have said and I think it's a reasonable assumption to take, so please explain your bile comment and how it is not insulting to anyone.
    Thanks in advance.

8. wylie

No, it is not an insult from me. There is plenty of "bile" on these Trump threads aimed at "snowflakes" and aimed at the Clintons (for past and present indiscretions and policy issues).

I've not suggested anyone has some made up syndrome either.

I've not insulted anyone by saying that. If you don't like the word "bile" then switch it for a word you prefer.

9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Again - broken record here - yes he won, which everyone will acknowledge, with great responsibility - doesn't mean he's doing a good job

10. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Nah; us Trumpys have been in party mode since Nov 9.

I try to demonstrate here how he is trying to carry out his responsibilities - and quite well despite some very stiff resistance......almost hourly. :D

Phar Lap likes this.
  11. Bayview

only for the purpose of comparison when the Trumpster keeps getting slammed unfairly
    ..which is 90% (and more) of the time......a Harvard Uni study proved it.

MTR likes this.
  12. Bayview

no it doesn't :D:D:D

13. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

maybe it's "not" unfairly ... have you considered that one?

poor little snowflake is feeling exhausted after only two days on his first overseas visit - how's that stamina going?

Donald Trump exhausted on Middle East Trip, White House says

14. Ed Barton

The man's an idiot. Not much more to say.

15. Ed Barton

Let's look into the harvard study?

I'll probably get banned or suspended for such a post. At least it will be deleted.

16. Bayview

the bloke is 70 years old...I reckon he's going pretty bloody well....he puts in close to 15 hours per day.

It is unfair treatment by the Press as I've already pointed out...and with facts and figures.

You guys can deny it as much as you like, but we all know that the media coverage is a disgrace.

I dont mind that you do it though.

MTR likes this.
  17. Bayview

I sent you the link pages ago...didn't you see it?

18. Ed Barton

Have you examined the study? Do you know anything about academic study? Ed Barton - Uni of Qld - doesn't make my study right.

Bayview likes this.
  19. Bayview

i dunno....he's the POTUS, and a multi-Billionaire, married to an absolute stunner, great kids, gets to play golf in Florida every other week and meet famous people.....

I'd take that life and be happy to be slagged off by others as an idiot....any day.;)

20. Bayview

maybe you are correct...

Lets wipe off 10% of the figures in that study....just in case they exaggerated them a lot.

Keep in mind though - it is a UNIVERSITY study - and we all know that almost the entire USA tertiary education world has been hijacked by the Left - so for a Uni to come out and fess up to those numbers gives it a LOT more weight.

I wonder if the report was shown on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc?

Probably not...but Fox did - and they are one of the biggest news media platforms...also found to be the most balanced by a long margin.

I seriously doubt a Lefty anti-Trump Uni would want those figures known, and would either not reveal them, or massage the beejeezus out of them to help out their Lefty media cartel mates.

The only conclusion must be that the numbers are probably pretty accurate.