Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That one - a major campaign policy where he's now thrown his hands in the air with a "it's to hard"

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Health Care Bill died.... I like Judge Jeanine

3. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Yeah.. interesting. I think last week may have heralded a promotion from Trumps naysayers (mostly the MSM commentariat).. from "Trump is literally the next Hitler", to "Trump is an incompetent buffoon".

A new healthcare bill will pass eventually, maybe towards the end of the year. By then who knows what else will happen, maybe the naysayers will drop the incompetent moniker too?... and just call him an unlikeable buffoon. :)

wylie likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

But the real losers are the people.

Did you watch the YouTube on this, the women who works 3 jobs I believe to pay for medication because it is not covered under Obamacare.

Republicans and Democrats need to work together to get it right so Health Care is affordable for all, its not about a person or a party but what is best for the country. Seems they are all losing sight of this, Politicians, what do you expect, egos come first I guess.

Ambit likes this.
  5. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

XXXXXX and Ambit like this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I totally agree - but obviously the version Trump was trying to push thru was not in the best interest of Americans, and not better than Obama's version ... and then he threw his usual tantrum at not getting his own way.

He should've taken his time, negotiated and nutted out a version that worked (medicare does pretty well in Australia) and not tried to put restrictions on the health care, or the people, that is covered in his rush to get it passed.

wylie and wategos like this.
  7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. The version put before legislation gave big tax cuts to very well off people, and left off millions previously covered by Obamacare.

As I've said before, they were so anxious to get rid of Obamacare that they paid no attention to the proposed alternative. An alternative will be difficult to find though. There will always be somebody worse off than before, unless the government chips in.

It was only a little tanty this time. He's been comparatively quiet.

Last edited: 27th Mar, 2017
    wategos likes this.
  8. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Trump needs to read his own book (or the one that someone else wrote for him, Trump didn't write it). A lying conman can only get so far. Trump keeps getting caught out, credibility plummeting.
    His "health care" plan was a complete disorganized joke full of bribes and threats that would have left most people much worse off and republicans see that now also.

wylie, Ed Barton and Lizzie like this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Agree, but the silly thing is that the Dems understand that Obamacare is not working today, excesses are sky high and insurance companies bailing. Have you looked at the youtube I posted.

The point is Dems and Republicans should be working together its not about any one party but the people and improving their quality of life. They have both failed the people.

Though Republicans had 8 years to review this, no excuses here.

Now if you guys care to watch Fox you will find they reporting on this and its comprehensive, they at not giving Republicans a free ride, this is what I like.

MTR:)

10. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

More fake (aka I don't like it) news.

11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

There's a lot of reports flying around that a "reliable" insider source says that Trump is looking at options to resign ... can't find it from any "reliable" outside source so ain't posting it here

wylie likes this.
  12. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We've been getting a house ready to sell and haven't had time to scratch ourselves, nor caught up with AC360 for a few days.

But looks like Flynn is prepared to tell all if he is given immunity. Things are going to get mighty interesting.

Lizzie likes this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Bayview likes this.
  14. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

he will just blame someone else for not being able to deliver the goods.
    Most politicians do exactly that..trump will too...

wylie likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Obamacare Lite.... Lets see what happens after a game of golf

After golfing with Trump, Rand Paul has great news to share about health care reform

Still a long way to go but I believe they will eventually come to some sort of compromise.

In the meantime some people can not get health cover as insurance companies are bailing. At the end of the day its not about anyone person its about two parties uniting to ensure they can provide adequate health system for the people. Both parties need to put egos aside.

16. geoffw

So the Democrats need to support the Republicans on the health care bill because:
    1. The Republicans who have a majority in both houses can't get agreement amongst themselves.
    2 . The Republicans did their damndest to kill every single thing Obama proposed to reform health care. He had to resort to presidential decree to cobble anything together. Sure it has its problems. But it's far better than what went on before. Which is why the pubs are trying to get some sort of health care package in the first place. They agree on the principles just not the detail.

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

All I know is Obamacare did not work, both parties need to come together and come to a compromise, bloody minded and the blame game does not work this is clear.

Neither you or I know whether Obamacare should be completely scrapped, we would only be guessing at best ..... what we read in the media and who we believe and our own biased.

Social Welfare On The Cheap: Why Obamacare Was Built To Fail

Bayview and Phase2 like this.
  18. geoffw

Trump can't get his own Republicans to get together for an affordable health care act, so now the Democrats need to get together with the Republicans to save Trump. That's really going to happen.

A president who was a politician would have known how to operate politics would have been able to get something through.

Or a party which took the time to draft some good legislation would have been able to get something through. They are all in too much of a rush to dismantle the old. There had been hardly a mention in the campaign of what to replace it with.

How hypocritical for people to call for the support of Democrats when their own people aren't able to get their act together. The fact that people are even suggesting it shows how dysfunctional they really are.

The bottom line is that nobody can come up with a plan in which everybody is better off. But a plan which benefits the rich at the expense of the less well off shows how they are thinking.

wategos and wylie like this.
  19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

You understand that Obamacare Plans are too expensive for even the middle class in current form.

If they got it right to start with there would be no need to change it.

But as I said many times why play the blame game, its not helping people who need health care today, both parties should just get on with it. ......Don't you love politics and egos

Last edited: 5th Apr, 2017
    Bayview likes this.
  20. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

This is the big part of Trumps chess game and how he will manage Chinese President Xi
    as both of these power-full Men understand economics and both are unpredictable ..
    Xi, Trump to discuss trade, currency