Donald Trump - 60 minutes Interview

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sackie, 14th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lizzie and geoffw like this.
  2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

DNA of the left? You realise that if you removed your bias and veil of ignorance that it's arguable that the Democrats are actually a centre right party and definitely arguable that Hillary Clintons policies would've almost certainly seen her a member of the libs in Australia and pretty far off being left wing?

Last edited by a moderator: 18th Jan, 2017
  3. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Open borders, free trade, Global community, unregulated and unvetted refugee and illegal immigrant intakes, refusal to even mention the words islamic terrorism or the word jihad, Minority Politics, sanctuary cities...this is Hillary.

Not really Libs in Aus.

Of course; the Libs currently have Mal Turncoat; he is the proxy Labour PM currently. That is the closest you will get to a Lib being Hillary.

Francesco likes this.
  4. Bayview

Yeah nice try.

Yes, see; everyone should be an atheist because we don't care about anyone's religion as long as they are decent people...

The fact that he is a man of the cloth is not the point Geoff, and you know that. I've been sayin the exact same thing as him, so religion is not the factor...it an observation or what is obvious.

I used him because he is a man with a decently large profile, and his words are pertinent, yet overlooked by the hypocritical, hyperbole-ridden and hysterical sore-loser Left.

So far; all Trump has said he will;
    *Stop ILLEGAL immigration (build a wall)
    * Extreme vetting of REFUGEES (terrorism - especially islamic and jihadis)

Tell me how any of this is racist and divisive?

Conversely; he has also said;
    *Create jobs for ALL Americans
    * Lower Company taxes to do the above and improve the economy for ALL Americans.
    * Supports Military, Police, black Communities (inner Cities especially due to crime and poverty)

How is that divisive or racist?

Dems are boycotting the inauguration, and still protesting and protesting and still full of hate...how is that inclusive?

Francesco, TerryN and MTR like this.
  5. Bayview

Hillary Clinton's policies were basically;
    1. Open borders,
    2. Free trade,
    3. Tax the rich/Corporations more to subsidise the rest.
    4. Increase immigration and refugee intake (in her case 500% was the figured bandied about).
    5. No plans to vett or screen refugees from war zones where islamic terrorism is extremely active.
    6. No plans to curb illegal immigration.
    7. Agenda politics.

I would argue that virtually no Aus Lib pollies are of those views...only Mal Turncoat, but he is more Left than Lib.

Last edited by a moderator: 18th Jan, 2017
    Francesco likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Here is some more good news

I am ticking this stuff off, if it continues I am going to start a thread on Trump and Jobs, lets hope we can all stick the topic, me included:p

GM to add 7K U.S. jobs, invest $1B in U.S. plants

Detroit New, below is an extract

GM to add 7K U.S. jobs, invest $1B in U.S. plants
    Melissa Burden , The Detroit News Published 9:31 p.m. ET Jan. 16, 2017 | Updated 4 hours ago
    [​IMG]

General Motors Co. plans to announce Tuesday that it will invest $1 billion in U.S. plants, including in Michigan, adding more than 1,000 jobs, according to a source familiar with the automaker’s plans.(Photo: Bill Pugliano / Getty Images file)

General Motors Co. announced Tuesday it will add or retain 7,000 U.S. jobs in the next few years and invest $1 billion in U.S. plants, including in Michigan. The plant investments will create or retain more than 1,500 jobs,though GM would not say how many would be new.

The automaker said it expects more than 5,000 salaried jobs will come in key growth areas such as with its subsidiary GM Financial and in advanced technology. The announcement comes three days before President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration. He has pressured automakers to add jobs and work in the U.S.

Last edited: 18th Jan, 2017
  7. Bayview

That is how you see it, Geoff, but if you analyse every incident of "attack" and "belittle", I think you will see that they are pretty much all retaliation after he was attacked first.

That is fair enough....he is not some turn the other cheek pushover patsy.

He has never apologised for how he is, and it''s not going to change just because he is Prez.

Time for everyone to come to terms with that.

I reckon it's a hoot.

He was elected because of this to a large degree; people are tired of PC lame vanilla yes men puppet Pollies, who have their hand out and pander to lobbyists and special favour groups.

His response to all those snowflake Dem Senators who are sooking up and not attending the Inauguration?......

"That's OK...I hope they hand back their tickets because we have a lot of people who would LOVE to come!"....

LOL.

Francesco likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Apparently interview with the prez elect will be aired tomorrow, very much looking forward to this, got a snippet of it today

MTR:)

9. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

Everyone has DNA.
    I am saying DNA of anarchy tends to reside in lefties and correlates with commie philosophies of 'people overthrow' movements and victim mentality.
    DNA of peace tends to reside in conservatives and correlates with the 'silent majority' and peace loving.
    Case in point is the reaction of American people to the election success of the opposing party.

Right up to the inauguration, Dems are discussing boycott, protests and whatnot. These are not the responses of 'silent majority' and peace loving, but rather of people who prize unvetted, illegal immigration, sanctuary cities for criminal illegals, subvert the Prez, in short, anarchic.

Last edited: 18th Jan, 2017
  10. sanj

My point is that a huge part of those you are characterising as left would be considered right in many parts of the world, including Australia.

Bernie Sanders is undoubtedly and unashamedly a lefty, as for Hillary, her policies and general viewpoint over decades has a lot in line with many moderate senior republicans, which goes some way to explaining why the bush family backed her.

JFK, if around today, would have to be a Republican if he held the same views he did then, despite being the ultimate Democrat idol/figurehead.

Abraham Lincoln would be thrown out of the Republican party for the policies and measures he brought in but is still revered by just about all republicans.

The point is, this silly generalisations that you and a couple of your cheerleading squad seem to enjoy, is completely pointless and while I disagree with you politically surely you can see what a disservice it does to you to constantly come out with some outlandish claim determined by an imaginary definition of what is and isn't left or right, that happens to change in both directions just to ensure you truly don't have a chanceof pinning the accurate tail on the ranting donkey.

ooneil likes this.
  11. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    This thread stinks of useless bullshlt.
    For migoreng and his groupies let's just say trump is the best thing that has ever happened to this planet and the future is gonna be beyond awesome. You guys are so right, everyone else is so wrong.
    There, happy? Moving on

wylie likes this.
  12. Bayview

The cheerleader squad exists on both sides, my friend.

You can tell simply by looking at the likes on each post, and who is posting the most.

They may seem like generalisations, but the reality is that much of this behaviour and rhetoric that we are seeing in this whole Trump affair is pretty much the general pattern on both sides.

You think that when anyone points out how Lefties act and speak as part of this whole circus ; it is an "outlandish claim". Really? So; the whole world is making these outlandish claims that you don't agree with, and they are all wrong, and you are the only one who is correct?

While you think it might be pointless; it goes to the support of the arguments about how the Left act and what they say, and how the Right act and what they say.

If they weren't true; you would be hearing all the Right wing people saying and doing the same stuff, but they are not.

How many Right wing people are boycotting the Inauguration, do you think?

Another example; all the Uni student crying and safe rooms and huggie bears and so on - that is all Left wing people....no Right wing people have carried on like that at all because Trump won.

Another example; Right wing people generally are not upset by Trump wanting to build a wall; to keep out illegal immigrants. How else do you do it? Give me the solution...no-one has come up with one yet - but the Right wing are sick of it, while the Left wing think they should let 'em all in. This is not economically viable. The right wing can see this, but the Left wing only see the social aspect of it.

But almost all Lefties are upset by Trump's plan, and think he is a racist because of that statement, while most Right wings are not upset by that statement and easily see why it is not a racist plan. It is an economic plan.

See how this goes?

These comparisons unfortunately need to be made; despite what you reckon.

I will agree that there are levels of Right and Left, but we are talking generally; and so far this Election is proving to show very obvious patterns on both sides how Right and Left are conducting themselves.

Francesco and MTR like this.
  13. sanj

OK sure. You keep telling yourself that

wylie likes this.
  14. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Not even Hillary is of these views. These are Trump's views of Hillary's views. I wasn't a Hillary supporter, but a lot of what you have stated doesn't appear to be backed by facts.

Trump says that Clinton wanted open borders- but Politifacts claims that as mostly false
    Donald Trump wrongly says Hillary Clinton wants open borders

She claimed that the borders are already more secure than at any time in history- and in fact at present there are more Mexicans going the other way than entering the US.

Free trade. To some extent. However- “I will stop any trade deal that kills jobs or holds down wages – including the Trans-Pacific Partnership,” she said. “I oppose it now, I’ll oppose it after the election, and I’ll oppose it as president.”. Free Trade works both ways.

Tax corprorations and rich. For corporations, wanted to cut loopholes whereby corporations are shifting income away from one country to another where taxes are low. Australia is in the process of working on this now. I don't see a problem with companies paying their fair share of the tax burden. Bloomberg sees both candidates having flawed policy. Clinton and Trump Are Both Wrong on Corporate Taxes

She wanted Syrian refugee intake increased- but not unvetted. Syrian refugees were already subjected to one of the most stringent vetting processes in the world. She had no plans to change this.

Illegal immigrants who had a clean record in the US and who had families in the US would have a path to citizenship. Lawbreakers will continue to be detained and deported. Already Obama was deporting more illegals with record than any president before.
    So the people who voted for Trump are hapoy with Trump and so they are all good people. They aren't crying about things so they are sensible. Well, their candidate did get elected.

The people who didn't vote for Trump are by your definition Lefties, they aren't happy with Trump and therefore they are all bad people.

As for the wall. There's more Mexicans going into Mexico than are going into the US. So how is the wall going to help?

wylie likes this.
  15. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

You´ll have to add this to Obamas list of 8 million jobs created, the auto industry was bailed out (at great cost) while he was president. These new jobs were long planned, nothing to do with Trump, who opposed the bailout.

Lizzie and wylie like this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Chrispy likes this.
  17. geoffw

So GM is selling a US plant in India to a Chinese company. I'm not sure if this is good news or bad for the US economy.

US companies who shift production to the US will be able to avoid import duties, but their costs will be higher. They will be at no competitive advantages in the US, but will be at a huge disadvantages in other countries. It seems to me that US companies will still need overseas plants in order to be competitive in countries outside the US.

18. geoffw

Retaliation perhaps. But it's still divisive. Although he talked unity when he won the election, he's said a lot of things since which aren't especially unifying.

Retaliation is not the way to get people who disagree with you to come over to your side.

wylie likes this.
  19. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

It is fascinating how people think and behave.

Goreng Meng has explained so many times and I have alluded to that Trump's objectives and approach to make America great again do not make him a sexist, racist, xenophobe or Islamaphobe. In the process, we have been called bias, ignorant, wearing blinkers, etc. The strange thing is that we have not been retorting in like manner.

We have been taking ostensibly a broadly conservative right wing stance in the debate, which makes out our opponents as largely of the Left. Perhaps, the difference in language correlates with our philosophical leanings?

We have called out the ridiculous situation of hyperbole, exaggeration and sometimes outright irrational discussions coming from the Left.

The 'wall' is a good example. Attention was made on extending the wall in previous governments of both Dems and Reps. However, when Trump takes up building the wall every spin is employed to ridicule it - among which are racism and xenophobe. Fair enough when it was bandied during the electoral hustings, but post election, the extreme Lefty elements with unmet expectations are going to vent their spleen.

I am not saying all Dems have the anarchic DNA. In my previous post, I said they tend to have it. While yet others support Dem policies out of political correctness or expediency, never expecting that it will turn out to be anarchic. For example, many of those who voted for Trump, such as Blacks, migrants, women and Latinos, despite the Dem spins to type cast Trump as sexist, racist, xenophobic, ignorant and Islamophobic. They accepted Trump's priority to make America great again and how he will do it are credible enough to vote for him.

MTR likes this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Tax incentives, more jobs.

As I have been saying all along, lets give him a go, I see this as positive/good news for US economy at the moment and time will tell. Trump is deal maker, this is just the beginning