Dominique grubisa . Real estate rescue

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by the world is your oyster, 8th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Andrew Drysdale

Andrew Drysdale New Member

Hi, we are real students. We bought the RER product back in Feb 2015. We used the product without any major issues until the DGI POA was challenged on a takeover deal by the vendor. Apparently this was the very first time the DGI POA had ever been challenged at law. Won't go into the details in your reply as I've done so in another on this forum. Suffice it to say, Dominique Grubisa has laid the loss of ~$1m at our feet (yes that's not a typo) because we won't stay quiet about the fact that she continues to sell the product in its flawed condition. We have a consumer advocacy Facebook page called DG Institute Graduates Independent that holds ALL of the evidence to prove what she's doing is illegal. She's now been reported to the NSW Office of the Legal Services Commissioner and the NSW Law Society is investigating her for professional misconduct as a licenced legal practitioner. There's a heap of evidence there so please don't believe me. Be an informed consumer and check it out for yourself. There are many now seeking refunds as they bought the product after the 27th February 2017 (the date upon which Ms Grubisa learned that her product was flawed and decided to hide the fact from consumers). Sounds like you are entitled to a refund too.

Codie and money like this.
  2. Andrew Drysdale

Andrew Drysdale New Member

Hi Terry, I'd be very interested in what you think of the DG Institute scandal that's erupting as a consumer advocacy nightmare for so many that have bought a flawed product. The evidence speaks for itself and the DG Institute Graduates Independent Facebook page holds all of the evidence for a lawyer such as you to decide if it's worth your time to weigh in and offer to help graduates get some justice.

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I don't practice in the area of litigation or disputes. my interests lie in the planning aspects, so I will just watch this pan out from the sidelines.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Putting aside her broken product (and indeed it sounds broken and useless) I believe ultimately you find yourselves in a position fighting not to lose everything because you mixed emotionally based decisions with business decisions and didn't properly take risk into account. You either 'go for the kill' and make an astute business call from the beginning or dont persue this type of deal at all. Risk, risk, risk HAS TO BE #1 before all emotions imo.

Very rarely do emotionally based decisions mix well with business decisions .

Last edited: 28th Oct, 2018
    Greg McDonald likes this.
  5. 17526

17526 New Member

I've done the course and I've done a real estate rescue where I bought the property from the bank , renovated it and made over 120K in Moss Vale , good result

Greg McDonald and Dark Phoenix like this.
  6. 17526

17526 New Member

The rewards are there believe me , but you need to do the work , like everything

7. Build your dream

Build your dream New Member

I don't see how these letters say what you say they do? They just say that you should get legal advice and in typical government fashion, say nothing about the DGI POA specifically? Also, why would a woman you supposedly say you helped, end up turning on you if you gave her as much as you said you did. It doesn't make sense. POA or no POA, how does that even happen?

8. Build your dream

Build your dream New Member

I have been looking for reviews on DG Institute and the onley reviews I see are mostly positive except for maybe 4 people saying the same thing about a POA. It seems as though these people are all in it together so not very objective if you ask me. I'd like to hear from people who aren't caught up in this POA story thing which I personally think is a bit of a stretch because it makes no sense to me what so ever unless I am missing something?

9. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Humans can be greedy and selfish. Its as simple as that.

10. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@Andrew Drysdale - I've watched 2 of your videos talking about DGI and truthfully its a terrible position you're in.

I have to ask though, if it was a $400k purchase - then it would have been $12k in Stamp Duty + loan interest (say 6 month reno @ 400k x 6% /12 x 6 = $12,000) + Agent Comms of $10k?
    So it would sound like the whole point of DGI POA is aimed to save the above fees?

Btw, how are you out $1m?

11. Greg McDonald

Greg McDonald Active Member

My friend bought the Dominique Grubisa Real Estate Rescue Course and the Cherie Barber Renovating For Profit Course from a Stuart Zadel Ultimate Property Entrepreneurs Conference.

Foreclosure Property Deal Works Out To Be Successful And Help Clients

This was in WA...She purchased a distressed property $60k under market value, which the owners/tenants were going to be kicked out on the street for not paying. She then renovated the house while letting them live there on reduced rent as they put up with the renovations and also helped project manage it. She then sold the house all in all making $110k profit and did up an agreement with the new buyer of the house that the tenants could live there/they had a lease etc on a certain rate which allowed them time to either move somewhere else or pay full rent when it came to it.

The bloke/Dad of the family got a new job after about 6 months and to my knowledge they kept renting.

So when I hear people complain about Dominique Grubisa or Stuart Zadel seminars etc, I just roll my eyes and think - mate, it's what you put in is what you get out. And on the topic of 'ethics'... if you are an ethical person you will find an ethical solution. If you fail to do that, that's your failure; become more resourceful.

That was all a few years back. I am not up to date with anything about this new patent finished faulty product thing or whatever. Just saying, my friend did it a few years back and made good money and helped a whole family who would have otherwise been out on the street.

I haven't purchased any of Dominique Grubisa's courses. Or Cherie Barber's. Or any real estate courses actually. I just use my brain...

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Jan, 2019
    Jarjar likes this.
  12. Greg McDonald

Greg McDonald Active Member

You nailed it.

And I don't know what the deal is with the POA or faulty product... but if there was one person I wouldn't really want to go to court against it would be a lawyer...

But then again, I use my brain :)

money likes this.
  13. radioactive

radioactive Well-Known Member

Can you recommend any books/cds on negotiation etc?

14. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Yes - I will sell you my response. Your counter-offer ?

15. ha55sh

ha55sh Member

hi 17526
    Can i get some advise from you re Moss Vale and DG Institute please?
    Any chance i could have a chat to you? Please PM me your number if you can help and i will call you.

Thanks

16. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

thats just wishy washy garbage that people use to sell stuff or make their product appear better/easily accessible/appropriate

17. Apollo

Apollo Active Member

I can provide a lot of info on DGI

18. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Agree, for me it was a total ethical issue, I would not proceed to deal with people, financiers/banks directly. So not a strategy at all IMHO!

19. Apollo

Apollo Active Member

See change I think you might mean the structure was never challenged by the owner. When it has been well - let’s just say it’s created a bit of a ***** sandwich for the people involved.

20. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Hi Apollo

I've read my posts on this thread and I can't see what I've said that your referring to . Maybe if you " quote " what you're referring to , your meaning will be clear and I can comment on it .

Cliff