Does it irritate you when the price is not listed?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Dan Donoghue, 6th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Oops - misread your post! :oops:

Th Y-man

2. highlighter

highlighter Well-Known Member

Wow. That's handy. (replied to the wrong post - was replying to the same post you were replying to though, I was close)

3. evalord

evalord Well-Known Member

Another thing that irritates me is when the property is under contract or sold, the agent puts down as contact agent, then calls me back a week later

vbplease, aussieB and The Y-man like this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Or the property location ad is bait. They allude to a decent costly location at what seems a good price guide but the property isnt even close its in a cheap undesirable location not well communicated. A time waster.

eg Hills District location - Its in Toongabbie. Manly water views - and it not in Manly but a street in Balgowlah miles away from the beach. You can see Manly 6kms away.

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, seems these days if your a straight shooter, you would probably get a decent following after some time as many businesses seem to want to pull all sorts of tricks just because the opposition does.

6. Jaggannath

Jaggannath Well-Known Member

Yup. I ruled out an agent for selling my property on this basis. If it annoys me, it annoys others. She reckoned it would build a sense of anticipation, which made me laugh. Irritation more like.

If the vendor expectations are unrealistic, they should be communicating it. Let them suffer no interest for a few weeks.

According to Neil Jenman, much RE advertising is for the agent, not the property.

Yup... or leaves it up for sale despite having sold a fortnight prior

7. dabbler

I do not now Neil, I can tell you, with a whole bunch of them, it is all about them, it is ego, it is all the poor traits I can think of.

I really feel sorry for many of the vendors who have not a clue what some of them are like who have some control over their property or homes.

If you get the ego maniac that is massaged by getting the top dollar result and employs good staff, then you do well, ironically they do not seem to hide the address nor the often high price.

I sent a message about a place the other day to an agent who just took over a place, you would think he would be polite, and answer questions etc, completely the opposite, was personally offended at some of my questions and comments, my thoughts instantly were, why are you doing what your doing.

Oh well, makes it easier to know who to avoid I guess.

8. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

I have seen this as a trend with a lot of melbourne agents, price between 339k to 369k. I never understood what kind of a market they were catering to with such a broad range.

9. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

This is by far the most irritating practice an agent can do.. not let people know a property is under contract. Last year I went to an open home and found out it was under contract.. I caused a bit of a scene when I let the agent know i have better things to do than drive across town to see a property that wasn't on the market :mad:

10. zed_kid

zed_kid Well-Known Member

“Knowledge is power, hide it well”

11. dabbler

This is very, very, common.

I have driven to places where I specifically told agents days before I would attend opens, I am talking 3-6 hr drive, to find they "forgot" it was under contract.....

I think if I find out from the comfort of home, I have done well ;)

There is a word for some of them, and no doubt a well deserved dislike.

PS I recall a group of about 20 outside a place in in Syd, some people were really on the hunt, so when it was 5 min past open time, they were on the phone to the agents, sorry guys, forgot open home cancelled (one I remember was sold, another the vendor decided they wanted to go away).

12. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

13. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Quoting one of the earlier posts to ask, would the PM side of the agency actually keep the lights on? $1000/year of management fees on one property (assuming 4% fee and $500pw rent). Load that PM with 200-300 properties as you do and that's a quarter million a year in income, hypotethically.

14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

We put an offer on a "by negotiation" listing yesterday. In their defense, the precise value is hard to determine for a lack of comparables - we've offered what it's worth to us. Not annoyed I this case!

15. relentless1

relentless1 Member

Seems like they have been monitoring this thread. The listing price is gone, the trick no longer works!