Does anyone else have an issue with Corelogic?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by hammer, 26th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

There's lies, damn lies and statistics....

I follow the darwin market and the numbers broadcast by core logic don't add up to what I'm seeing?

In their latest report they mention that since Darwin's peak in 2014, property prices have fallen by a cumulative 11.5 percent"...

Anyone here is Darwin will tell you that that is BS. We're talking 20-25 percent. Also by 2014 prices were already dropping and fast. The peak was 2012.

In Jan they were telling us that Darwin was the 4th Quarter last year prices rose 5.9 percent?!

This could all just be because Darwin is a small volatile market a million miles away...

Anyone else out there seeing a discrepancy in corelogic's stats?

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

The value of my property in Logan seems to be increasing by $1K every week since I've bought it.
    It has now increased $57K since it's purchase price a little over a year ago. (It's a 18% increase from purchase price in a year!)

That would be great if it's true, but I highly doubt it.
    I take them with a grain of salt (even when they have a high confidence)

3. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Property Report - March 2017

Reserve Bank ditches CoreLogic, but analyst defends home price data

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

For those interested and who pay attention to these stats...

The latest CoreLogic home price growth statistics for the year ending September Quarter show:

Hobart
    14.3%

Melbourne
    12.1%

Sydney
    10.5%

Canberra
    7.8%

Adelaide
    5.0%

Brisbane
    2.9%

Perth
    -2.9%

Darwin
    -4.7%

About Hobart, keep in mind it is a very small market. Last year, some 5,200 dwellings sold in Hobart, which is just 1% of the Australian market. It also holds a 1% share of Australia’s annual population growth.

It is a small place. It doesn’t take much to influence it.

Perthguy likes this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice