Do you receive a copy of lease and entry condition report from your PM ?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by transit, 15th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Does your PM supply you with a copy of lease and entry condition report for new tenants?

1. Yes, I also request this so I can file away

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, I don't care to have a copy of lease or entry condition report

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. transit

transit Well-Known Member

Can I please get a show of hands; do you receive a copy of your lease and entry condition report when your PM finds a new tenant?

I've got a new PM who acts a bit passive aggressive by ignoring my emails for days. I recently asked her to please email me a copy of lease and entry condition report for a property she recently found new tenants for, but I don't hear back from her.

I'm wondering if my request is over the top or reasonable.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I always ask for it and expect a copy. I'm always provided one.

Your bigger issue is that your PM doesn't seem to value your business. If there's a patten to that, I'd be looking for a new PM.

qak, PinkPanther, craigc and 7 others like this.
  3. Russell Peter

Russell Peter Active Member

we upload ours into our property portal for owners and tenants to view at anytime

4. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

I get a link to all docs with one.

Other sends an email with report and photos etc for inspections.

PinkPanther and transit like this.
  5. transit

So you have to ask for it before they will send to you, or they do it automatically? I agree a new PM would be great but sometimes it's better the devil you know. I may find a new PM if this one continues to be a PITA.

I wish my agency would provide this service. I've noticed some offer it but a lot still don't which is annoying. Maybe they are trying to save on costs.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I guess each PM will operate a little differently. But at the very least, once you request it, it should be obliged in a timely manner.

qak and VICPER like this.
  7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I bet you they still sting you for postage & statement fees sad they haven't hit you up for a "technology fee" for their monthly report.

8. MB18

MB18 Well-Known Member

Its not over the top or unreasonable. They would have had to send/email a copy to the tenants so im not sure how much effort would be involoved in sending it to you too, even if you had a long name to type in the CC field.

I thought it was only tenants who had to deal with non responsive PMs. Goodluck!

transit likes this.
  9. AxeLy

AxeLy Well-Known Member

All my PMs [except one] provided the lease and condition report promptly.
    The only one who ignored my emails turned out to be the one who brought in the worst nightmarish tenant.

transit likes this.
  10. Michelle Evans

Michelle Evans Well-Known Member

Wherever I've worked we've always provided the lease to the owners. Used to be via post (yes I've been around that long), but now it gets emailed to my owners and uploaded into their landlord portal to view when ever they need to if they can't find the emailed one. Even if it's not part of company process, as their client, if you've asked for it and they're not responding, I'd be alarmed - if it is challenging for such a simple request, what happens when there are difficult / more challenging ones? Like multiple quote requests for maintenance if you don't like the one they've provided (not really difficult I guess but more work than scanning and emailing a lease at any rate)?

Vicki W and transit like this.
  11. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

What sort of agent doesn’t send a copy of the legal contract they’ve signed up their principal to?

(Agent/principal in the legal sense).

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Apr, 2021
    jatz, qak, Lil Skater and 1 other person like this.
  12. transit

No way Jose, I only get charged the 4.4% commission - no technology fee, admin fee, postage fee, computer fee, phone fee, cat fee etc etc
    Crazy eh. I just called her and she's blaming it on the new software

13. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

I send all docs to Owners so they know the job is being done and can see themselves the quality of the work. If this isn't being done, I'd be find out why...

PinkPanther likes this.
  14. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

We always upload a copy of the management agreement, leases, entry condition reports and routines to our Portal (plus statements, EOFY statements and all bills). Cuts down workload from owner requests, means they can be downloaded any time and passed onto accountants/brokers etc.

From an agency point of view it comes down to software and processes - using Cloud based 'modern' software that allows the Portal functionality (and related expenses), as well as having processes in place to ensure everything is uploaded and accessible.

15. jatz

jatz Member

I asked for a copy after it had been sent to the ingoing tenant. There were a lot of mistakes.

16. Michelle Evans

Michelle Evans Well-Known Member

Were there at least lots of photos?

17. jatz

jatz Member

there were some photos but the description of appliances and fittings weren't right.