VIC Do you know Ironfish group

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by melbourne171, 24th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

Ironfish recruites a lot of new agents and they very actively approach buyers to sell thier properties. Anyone works with Ironfish. What are your opinions?

2. HonestShiba

HonestShiba Well-Known Member

If you're a buyer, beware. They'll just try to sell you their developments as part of their 'free strategy service'

Beano and jaybean like this.
  3. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

I guess that. They recruited a lot of agents in the Asian communities to sell to their freinds and relatives. Their agents have no RE licenses. A sort of multi level marketing.

4. fl360

fl360 Well-Known Member

It is a matter of sad fact that recently a lot of so called "HKers" left HK to avoid the regime, and came to Australia, set up a social media account, gather fans, ending up working for one of these groups selling overpriced new developments with little land values.

They will try to get these cashed up new comers to buy these OTPs, end up they will learn property investing the hard way - if someone come and sell them to you without you doing much work - that is probably not a good investment.

FatElephant likes this.
  5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I've never heard of them, however I'd never advise anyone to go to one of these 'property groups'.

FatElephant likes this.
  6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Very big in Melb.

The Y-man

FatElephant and skater like this.
  7. FatElephant

FatElephant Well-Known Member

I came across them in a property expo in Sydney pre covid. They obviously approached me due to my Asian background. As soon as I saw the types of properties they were selling I just grabbed some freebies (water, pens etc), gave them a false number and made a dash for it.

But I can see how it can seem appealing to HKers who are used to these types of developments at home. What's disturbing is hearing that a lot of these RE agents that aren't licensed O_O Is there no place that we can report this?

Clearly I've only just scratched the surface of the malpractices in this very unregulated industry ^^'

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If they aren't registered in NSW, Fair Trading will raise an eyebrow.

9. ches

ches Active Member

They only sell apartments in high rise buildings don't they? And we all know how poorly these usually turn out as investments.

10. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

On the contrary, they make excellent investments - for the company pushing them! :D

The Y-man

ches likes this.