Do you have to be in business one year?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 29th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

I've never waited more than 3 minutes for an Uber.

2. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Does Uber pick up drunk people?

Uuuuubberrrrghhh

TheGreenLeaf likes this.
  3. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

I require 3 years of financial statements audited by an independent chartered accountant.

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Even when you make a profit, there's a lot of "income" which gets ignored by the banks.

A big hunk of my income for a number of years was repaying a loan, so the banks ignored that for serviciability calculations.

Then when I sold the business and cashed in on the repaid loan, it was disregarded for servicibility as "one off" income.

There was a portion left in as vendor finance to the person who bought the business. That income is also ignored.

5. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

There are so many changes occurring in the market that its not even funny. I have a few clients who are taxi drivers and there income is steadily declining.

why? Uber has had a major impact on the local industry but also the cost of running the business is increasing while margins are decreasing.

If you spend 250K on plates + Car "Etc". If you are making Gross not net $400 a day. it would take 555 days just to cover the cost of your plates. Just buying a job!!

6. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Better to do a courier job - less capital intensive. Just buy a decent condition van/truck and off you go.

You could also probably use a tiny fraction of that 300k to get retrained and find a better paying job.