Do property managers only provide one quote for works

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by ptyltd, 3rd Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. rhinsor

rhinsor Well-Known Member

I would say thats a fine labour cost if they have to pick it up and install it

wylie and Never giveup like this.
  2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Labour cost is very good, I assume the tub is more expensive than usual because of an odd size, but it'll save you the cost of retiling and painting, so cheaper overall.

wylie likes this.
  3. BradM

BradM Well-Known Member Premium Member

Depends on the job.

After 10 years in the industry, I've been through my fair share of plumbers, electricians, handymen etc until I found the right one. Trades I know are going to do the best job the first time (save multiple callout fees), at a good price, provide photo evidence of the before and after and detailed invoices so landlords know what they're paying for. We also need proactive trades that may see things that could turn into future issues instead of multiple bandaid fixes each year. It's very hard to find trades you can trust and having someone that looks out for you and your landlord's best interest is invaluable.

For example.. some tenants let their guard down when a tradesperson is coming. That dog they're not allowed is running around or that other occupant that didn't apply and isn't approved is there, there's damage that just occurred from a party on the weekend etc.. They're another pair of eyes that report back to our agency if something is wrong, especially between routine inspections.

If it's a bigger job then we absolutely will get 2-3 quotes.

Phoenix Pete likes this.