Dividend deductions

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Tony, 24th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Just getting around to looking at my tax which I normally do via 'MyTax' as things for me are pretty simple.

This is the first full financial year that I have held LICs and the auto-fill in 'MyTax' has brought across the following:
    Deductions
    Dividend deductions
    Your LIC capital gain amount - Dividends -$xxx.xx (x's represent a real figure)

Can anyone advise what the above is as I am having trouble locating the source?

Thank you in advance

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I don't understand the question.

3. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Hi Terry,

Thanks for looking at my post. I was wondering where this deduction came from but I managed to find it in the LIC Capital Gain Information in my Dividend Statements for WHF, AFI and ARG.

I though I had pulled all the info from these statements but I apparently missed this. I also don't think it is on the Sharesight Reports, but I could be mistaken there as I am new to that as well.

Thanks again

Terry_w likes this.
  4. ChrisP73

ChrisP73 Well-Known Member

Sharesight doesn't automate entry of LIC capital gains deductions. You can manually enter it yourself though. In anycase, sounds like the ATO is looking after this on behalf

5. RogTheBear

RogTheBear Well-Known Member

Useful to know the ATO is on that particular ball - I was wondering if I'd have to troll through statements & websites looking for LIC capital gains info. Win!

ChrisP73 likes this.