disgruntled tenants = possible sabotage ?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by AxeLy, 3rd Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to shut you up - I'm literally trying to suggest something to help fix your problem.

It's weird that you couldn't see it in that way. Well maybe not weird, since its probably good sign you're way too emotionally invested.

2. AxeLy

AxeLy Well-Known Member

Emotionally invested. I am.
    No one should treat anyone bad.
    Especially not when my PM is doing her job and has gone beyond to assist this frustrated helpless landlord struck overseas.
    Whenever I hear of the antics and abuses hurled at my PM, my blood pressure rises.
    If I could send my killer beast puppy over to bite them. I would.

3. AxeLy

AxeLy Well-Known Member

Thanks George. All points noted, especially under the house check and waiting till maximum time allowed for bond refunds.

4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

And that helps you or the situation...... how?

jared7825 likes this.
  5. AxeLy

AxeLy Well-Known Member

Hi Trainee, it's in the mind. If I think it helps. It helps.

6. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I really think your PM is sharing too much with you.

I am very surprised to hear that your PM is complaining to (or even sharing with) you about the language the tenants use.

They really need some other mechanism to debrief.

jared7825, Shazz@ and thatbum like this.
  7. AxeLy

AxeLy Well-Known Member

Between a lazy irresponsible ex-PM who brought this trouble then left me in the lurch, and a diligent responsible current PM who would go beyond to help clean up the mess, it's no brainer who my Mrs and I would value and listen to.

Her RE business is a one-woman show. Not easy for her at all.

8. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with valuing & listening or not listening to.

You are paying a PM to manage your property.

In my view, part of professional management is the PM having a way to debrief and de-stress about difficult tenants - one that doesn’t involve describing every difficult conversation or swear word to you, the landlord.

It sounds like you feel like you have to stand up for your PM. But your PM is running a business - and part of that business will always be difficult tenants.

If she doesn’t learn how to manage her stress, she will burn out.

jared7825 and Shazz@ like this.
  9. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

A good PM is someone you barely notice. They mange your property quietly, deal with tenants behind the scenes and only come to you when a decision is required.

unicorntears likes this.
  10. jared7825

jared7825 Well-Known Member

Agree with the posts above, the RE is running a business, part of that is to deal with the tenants and filter what comes back to you as the owner, you need to also view investing as a business with less emotion, part of this is acting professionally regardless of the other parties and not get overlyemotionally involved as thatbum suggested things would be a lot easier for the stress levels.

No offence intended but from what I can gather you were hands off with the first PM for months and it all went to ****, with no rent and bond etc now it’s the other extreme, need to find some emotional middle ground and balance it out as some of the posts here are 3 sentences of key relevant points imbedded in paragraphs of verbal diarrhoea, steming from emotions.

thatbum likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.