Discount kitchens makers - made to specs

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by beachside, 21st Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. beachside

beachside Member

Hi

Any recommendations on discount kitchen makers in the Sydney region - as in cabinet makers rather than retail outlets. This is for made to spec rather than off the shelf.

I work for a builder and looking for some alternative suppliers at an appropriate price. Most of our kitchens are poly with stone benchtops. Its more hit than miss Googling kitchen makers/cabinet makers and phoning as most are retail or high end architecturally oriented. I suspect those I am looking for may not have websites - and don't need to!!

Those we currently use do a site check/measure to confirm dimensions once framework and sheeting is up, and do the install.

Thanks

2. Jane Eyles-Bennett

Jane Eyles-Bennett Member

These guys are an online company so if you know what you're doing re measuring up (I'm sure you do!), they're a good option. They can send samples in the post and then you place your order online. Good pricing too as they don't have a shop front as such... My Semble Design

3. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

My old handyman mate used to use DIYKitchens in Penrith. Iv never used them but he was happy with them.

4. beachside

beachside Member

Thanks for that, but really looking for good price cabinet makers who also install otherwise the kitchen starts to become the project rather than the overall house - save on cabinets but then when you factor in the time involved in double checking measurements, installing cabinets and cutting/joining stone bench tops etc etc etc the time spent eats up the saving and slows down the general works. Most work is sub contracted anyway, so kitchens just being another.

However for investment properties, how do Semble stack up to the other flat pack companies in price, or to Under 2k in quality and price. I would guess the quality of Aussie cabinets and Blum fittings might be better, although under 2K throw in everything including the kitchen sink.

Last edited: 25th Mar, 2016
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

6. beachside

beachside Member

That was short but sweet Scott, will give em a ring Tuesday - I guess if you put all the pieces together you have a kitchen! (and local too!)