Development holding costs

Discussion in 'Development' started by MrsNixba, 30th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Skilled_Migrant

Skilled_Migrant Well-Known Member

• Good point. Looks like a lot of services (feasibility, purchase, planning, permits, management etc ) are being bundled together at the cost of the developer.
    • Whatever the contract says, it should not be difficult to justify the cost for the BA, so the obfuscation appears to be out of order.
    • It will be difficult to extricate from the contract especially if a hefty sum has been paid in advance. Best thing would be to:
      • Discuss this with the BA. They would be amenable if lure of further money is available.
      • Find the exit clauses, and use them.

2. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Lesson is never make assumptions!

MTR likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

...absolutely, BA is not a MB, seek your own advice

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I think a common thing we are discovering with this thread is about customer and business expectations. A successful relationship between the 2 parties requires expectations to be communicated from both parties and an agreement being arrived that will meet those requirement.

Open communication between both parties prior to engagement can greatly assist in reducing these issues. Most likely there will be lessons learnt from both sides.

Ardi likes this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

to me it sounds like you don't understand the feasibility report no one on the forum will get this why? cos I have viewed these reports they are comprehensive better than most with excellent returns, and now other clients have jumped or sold via open market. If you don't believe or agree with BA it's not rocket science you do your own home work, BTW I never trust believe anyone why would I

I think and believe you will never find suitable site because you are not ready to develop, over analysing, I understand this, nothing wrong with this, but you will never be happy at the moment. Perhaps stick to a different strategy with less stress

Last edited: 31st Mar, 2016
    Scott No Mates likes this.
  6. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

@MrsNixba I'd agree you are right to question everything and to get as much information as possible before you purchase a development site - it is too late afterwards.

Equally it is important to have the big picture view so that we act when the opportunity is there.

Are you using just a BA - or is it someone who is going to run the full project ?

The more you are giving to one person / organization the more you have to guard your own interests.