Development company

Discussion in 'Development' started by chief wigam, 6th Apr, 2024.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. chief wigam

chief wigam Active Member

Hi, My architect partner and I are starting a property development business and have been brainstorming to identify a site to get started with. Both of us have experience having completed property developments in Melbourne in the past. But we would like to create a sustainable business out of it.

We would really like to get started asap and we will put our personal funds toward the development with the balance from others.

Is there any advice as to how to find suitable sites? I'd be very interested in finding a land owner who was interested in a JV to develop their land.

All of the sites I have seen advertised with approved plans and permits don't stack up financially. But we are flexible and can develop plans from scratch.

Are there are any recommended web sites or contacts or buyers agents that can help us find the right site?

Any help most appreciated!

Last edited: 6th Apr, 2024
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You've gotta start hanging around with agents, give them your brief ie KDR, liveable but needs an extension, zoning, deaths, downsizers, divorce etc.