Define 'Cheapie'

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by C-mac, 5th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I always had my own definition of cheapie. But from this thread it just highlights its all relative, it depends on where you are coming from!! What is cheap for Sydney in $$ terms can be middle market or more for many other Australian cities.

And cheap U.S.A. is a different kettle of fish altogether.
    And here's a smile... no hard feelings at my end either. :)

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Hi Gockie

Thanks

US properties certainly not for everyone, however my experience has been very positive, and I see this as a safe market this is why I continue to buy. Safe because it has already tripled in value and continuing to rise, economy is improving and its cash flow positive.

My cheapie in Australia was in Merridin, Regional Perth for $28,000 and on sold it after renovation six months later for $62,000. The reason I on sold this property was because I saw this as very high risk as a long term hold even though it was cash flow positive. Some people have had great success with regional properties, and good luck to them.

MTR:)

3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Cheap is one of things like risk and beauty- its individually subjective, but not so in the market- and thus quantifies it with a price or other measure of value.

MTR likes this.
  4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Yes, it really is an individual thing. It also may be linked to what money you have, or what you can buy.

When I see "cheapie" I initially think of TMNT's thread :)

5. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

MTR just out of curiosity do you find it hard to source properties not being on the ground or do you use a buyers agent?