QLD Dedicated Sunshine Coast Thread

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MJS1034, 12th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

Has been "planned" since about 1985... I'm definitely in favour of this, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Jaye Kershler likes this.
  2. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Agreed!

3. Jaye Kershler

Jaye Kershler Well-Known Member

The sooner the better I say! Don't think I would use it to go into Brisbane, but I think the Caloundra to Maroochydore section will get plenty of use.

4. MatthewC

MatthewC New Member

Thanks for the recommendations! Will definitely check them out - just to confirm, is the Karen you mentioned Karen Young from Zest Property?

5. MatthewC

MatthewC New Member

@MJS1034 - Thanks for the recommendation, have seen good reviews from this agency, will check them out for sure.

MJS1034 likes this.
  6. d3outguncom

d3outguncom Well-Known Member

Yep, Karen from Zest

7. MJS1034

8. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

About 2 years ago I wanted to buy around Maroochydoore as I believe the enormous money being spent there is obviously going to pay off. Didn't have the capital at the time as was saving for PPOR, but it's gone completely nuts since then.

While there will still be good growth, have probably missed the insane double up potential over the last 24 months.

gman65 likes this.
  9. Sunnycoast

Sunnycoast Well-Known Member

I agree with your statement. I purchased on the coast at the right time, fortunately. And although the market has increased a lot on the coast, I'm considering buying again because when all is considered it still seems to have good growth drivers and potential for the short, medium and long term IMO.

10. Bradley Peet

Bradley Peet Well-Known Member

Fantastic.

Where do you sit on the development V.s Nimby scale MJS1034?

11. MJS1034

The Sunshine Coast needed these developments. They have nailed what they have done in my opinion. I’ve listened to mark jamieson (mayor) speak a few times and he is fully aware that he doesn’t want to end up like the Gold Coast.

If we can continue on this path of developments leading to employment and interstate migration growth whilst still keeping the charm and the Greenspace we have currently then I’m all for it.

Transport is the outlier that needs some work. If they can nail the light rail and people actually got on board and use it then look out! More double digit growth on the way.

What about you?

gman65 likes this.
  12. Bradley Peet

Bradley Peet Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

Long term, I feel higher density living is needed and it needs to be made attractive. We can only build out so far before it begins to impact the environment and general 'attractiveness' of the Sunshine Coast. We need to build up, not out (within reason).

Jaye Kershler likes this.
  13. The_Matt

The_Matt Member

Sunshine Coast has gone CRAZY! Did I miss the boat here or these prices are still fair you think? Looking around Buderim or even Coolum Beach but prices have really gotten silly no? Can anyone recommend a nearby suburb that could perform well?

MJS1034 and Hills123 like this.
  14. MJS1034

I’m a Mortgage Broker based in Buderim and I’m not seeing any signs of slow down. Have had a handful of new enquires this week for people looking at obtaining pre approval for purchases in the Buderim area. Hard to compare suburbs with Buderim due to the mountain. You don’t get many other suburbs that has beautiful leafy tree line streets, matched with hinterland and ocean views.

Ive mentioned Kuluin a few times as a suburb I personally believe has some value, along with Bli Bli. I don’t own any properties in these suburbs so know vested interest.

Are you looking for owner occupied or as an investment?

15. The_Matt

The_Matt Member

Owner occupied (moving there). Yeah I saw some ok places in Kuluin. Considering Coolum Beach also. Prices everywhere are just insane.

16. MJS1034

Awesome mate. Welcome to the Sunny Coast. The Coast has seen some nice steady growth since about 2016 but the last 18 months have been nuts.
    The sooner you can get in the better

17. MiNick

MiNick Member

18. MJS1034

Was back in May and market has moved a lot since then. Personally I am not a huge fan, not overly practical, backyard looks not overly usable with a decent amount of maintenance. Amazing views though which is obviously the main draw card. With views like that and it being in Buderim I can see good growth moving forward. Probably already worth $1.1-$1.2mill now.

Did you buy it?

19. d3outguncom

Kuluin is a surprisingly undiscovered "bridesmaid" suburb. There's not a lot of properties (it's small compared to Buderim/Bli Bli), so not a lot of stock hits the market. Also, there's a lot of industrial, so if you can pick something up anywhere on/near Tallow Wood Drive, you'll be OK.

Bli Bli is the sister suburb to Buderim, although it's really like 4 suburbs. Some areas are new developments that will get you 450m2 for $800k, some more established that will get you a 4x42x2 for the same price on 800m2 that will need some work, and everything in between. You have to know the 3 main roads and which side a property is to know its value and prospects.

Mountain Creek is good too. Sippy Downs is not growing as quickly but has great rental potential. We own in most of these suburbs, feel free to DM me for more details.

Last edited: 11th Jan, 2022
  20. d3outguncom

On a separate note, we are looking to do a few renos to some of our places and getting builders at the moment is difficult to tie down times.

We're looking to have a deck built, french doors put in, woodwork on balustrades and bannisters and fair bit of other work. We're also looking to get opinions on having an additional storey built on one.

If you have used a builder (not new home but extension) that you can recommend, please let me know.

Thanks