Deceased and Mortgagee properties

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by dev_melb08, 27th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

I’d be really interested in the ‘spirit’ of any reply you might get to this letter!!!:eek::eek:

Firefly99 likes this.
  2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Me too!

craigc likes this.
  3. consumerrights

consumerrights Member

See the case example here - Are you a “vulture” if you deal with distressed property?
    appears the investor got a good deal, but I suspect the vulnerable owners had no independent advice. This investor's letters start "Not sure if you can help me - would you know if anyone in your suburb is looking to sell their property and save time with a cash offer and save thousands of $ on estate agents? I'm a private property investor and admired your property...." In fact the "cash offer" turns out to be a small initial payment for owner to sign over a power of attorney to the investor. So "murky" is the word!

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

This smells so much like the dubious misuse of public records data that has been alleged by Dominique Grubisa and her cohorts. Its explicitly prohibited to misuse court records and she is a solicitor. Her parents arent - They were each struck off. There has been a lot of media in the age and smh about this and other mistruths that have been alleged.

I have a letterbox that regularly gets hand written notes from local real estate agents who always have buyers wanting to buy my home. Yeah sure. It rubbish. It doesnt flush.

david tweed used to send out letters for shares. Its not a thing anyone should be proud of. Its predatory. He would target holders of small parcels in companies known to be popular with retirees. The wording of the offers was confusing and intended to mislead so that shares would be purchased at a low price.

Last edited: 18th Feb, 2021
  5. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

The self-proclaimed property guru preying on divorcees

6. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

ASIC was alerted by insolvency body to concerns about DG Institute products

[​IMG]

7. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

As a lawyer with a keen interest in asset protection it seems to be very naive thinking that someone could think you can sign some pages and it automatically produces an invisible force field around your assets and will protect them