Dealing with Monash city council objections

Discussion in 'Development' started by nataasha, 21st Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ParraEels

ParraEels Well-Known Member

I don't think both issues are big.

you need to engage town planning firm so they can prepare a response to council. I had similar issues in nsw and we resolved with help of good town planners.

2. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

1. your designer should have been able to resolve this prior to finalising plans - unless they are responding "just" to your requirements without thinking through solutions
    2.you shouldn't be doing this on your own - find a planner who can help (but be selective - find one who will give you good advice and make suggestions)
    3. If you have paid decent fees for design work, why haven't you been told that the solution proposed is a problem, BEFORE you've submitted to the Council?

3. AnneC

AnneC Well-Known Member

Can Council charge 4 different rates, if there is only one title?

Interesting about planning permit expiring? Not quite sure how that will work?

QUOTE="shorty, post: 801720, member: 941"]I hope you have factored in holding costs, interest, Land tax, etc. I think council may still issue 4 rates notices even without subdivision.

Will you need another planning permit when you eventually subdivide if your current one has expired? Will it comply? You might have already done your due diligence but if it was me I'd be having a good long chat with council, a property lawyer and a planner.

Think it would be the same for 3 or 4 bedroom.[/QUOTE]