Trading Day Trading: Shares

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by TMNT, 8th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hosko

Hosko Well-Known Member

As I said, sometimes it goes OK, sometimes not too good. That's why I still have a job, need to retain a salary.

In short summary. I consider stocks that are a volatile, but there appears to be a shorter term range that they are within. Then put some cash onto them when they are near the end of the range, could be short or long it doesn't worry me, then exit is not time bound, it could be tomorrow or a week away depending on how the position goes. And I repeat I do use a full service broker. I've still got it slightly wrong with cutting winners early and letting the losers run though I am working at getting a better balance here.

At the extremes this quarter, I have had a $5k win (doubled money to give an indication of position size) in 4 days and a $4k loss in 35 days (was waiting for a CSL position to come good). All up, 15 positions this quarter - 4 losses, 9 wins, 2 break evens. No open positions at the minute. Only ASX listed companies.

2. fedex

fedex Well-Known Member

Yeah I can't imagine doing that for a long time without going insane.