Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Dandenong ?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ibanez01, 22nd Jun, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ibanez01

ibanez01 New Member

Hi All

I'm looking at purchasing my first IP and have been wondering what anyone thinks of Dandenong. Can anyone give me some tips, pointers, suggestions etc about growth potential and anything else about this area?

Thanks

brian

2. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Hi there

Dandenong is fantastic - however you want to 'know' dandenong before you invest in dandenong. For instance, over the last 5 years, i'll say Dandenong has struggled a little with capital growth, but still achieves a healthy yield. Stay away from apartments as they are struggling to get off the ground. If development, be careful, townhouses are attractive, but planning can take a while - casey is a nightmare.

Before i'd write more, what is your strategy, you say IP - what are you looking for and what is the price range? for instance, a block for development will cost $800k plus the build....so thats a bit of work. A TH is great but will depend on location.

There is a 'stigma' to noble park, people get intimidated by the afghans and sudenese, so be aware remember a IP - you choose the tenant and most if not all of mine are indian/ sri lankan / young professionals so throw the stigma out the window and enjoy middle eastern food - afghan is my favourite (head to Thomas St).

Depending on your price range think about Noble Park which is awesome.....the rail upgrade is having a positive effect on the market and the developers such as myself are still very optimistic on the prospects .....

Hope that helps!

Cheers Ivan

Cactus likes this.
  3. Tinaandalex

Tinaandalex Well-Known Member

will you consider neighbor suburbs ie Dandy north & noble park north as there are better pockets in these suburbs

4. Link93

Link93 Member

Stumbled across this thread, was wondering where these 'good pockets' were?