VIC Dandenong range

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ATANG, 16th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Is anyone familiar with the area such as Ferntree gully, bayswater, Boronia, Montrose, Upwey, etc? Are they good for living? As in shop wise, school wise, etc. I know there's no train station unless you go to Ferntree Gully...

2. Lemmy a fiver

Lemmy a fiver Well-Known Member

Actually,
    Everyone of those suburbs has a train station....except Montrose.

FTG, Bayswater, Boronia, Upwey are all on the Belgrave line.
    Closest train stations to Montrose are Mooroolbark or Lilydale which are both on the Lilydale line.
    Montrose is a 5 minute walk up the hill from my house.
    What information do you want to know exactly?

MaddyG likes this.
  3. erorxxx

erorxxx Well-Known Member

Hi Atang,

All the suburbs you mentioned above have their own train station except montrose. School wise , the are a lot of good private schools nearby , can't comment on public schools though.

I occasionally visited Upwey and fall in love with the area . It’s very green (lot’s of trees) , hilly and has a village/country and hipster vibes to it and at the same time you can take the metro train to Melbourne CBD from Upwey station for around 50 minutes .

In term of shops , upwey have few good cafés which serve good breakfast and coffee ( have ya bean is my favourite) , Vietnamese ,pizza , fish and chips and IGA . Also, there is a local CFA station right in heart of the town centre . Last but not least, there is a good public hospital called Angliss Hospital nearby ( 3 minutes drive) and art gallery centre called Burrinja Culture Centre (Burrinja Cultural Centre)

Click on this link for more info about upwey Discover Upwey.

In term of Investment/value wise , upwey is more affordable compare to the other places you mentioned and the future driver growth for the surrounding area will be :

1. westfield knox 450 M expansion
    2. supply constrain in outer eastern suburbs
    3. ripple effect all the way to belgrave ( wantirna , bayswater, heathmont and ferntree gully are getting more and more expensive)

4. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Yeah, i kinda like those leafy places, but i don't know how realistically it would work in everyday life, in terms of getting around, doing shopping, transporting in and out to city, etc as i always lived very close to the city. How about Ferny Creek and Upwey? Much difference? Is it like completely black out during night time, without anyone, all shops closed, etc?

Any bush fire risk? Never lived in the bush before, do you have to worry about fire risk every summer or even flooding or storm during winter?

5. erorxxx

Ferny Creek is completly dark at night. In term of public transport they area is served by a bus not sure about frequency. Between the two I choose upwey over ferny creek if budget is an issue here than I would recommend you to look at belgrave.

All the dandenong ranges area are bush fire prone area having said this we have a few CFA i know belgrave, upwey and upper ferntree gully have their own CFA which means if something happens they can react to it quickly.

Just read an article below about dandenong ranges suburbs and it's looking good :)

Which Suburbs Are The Fastest Selling In Australia?

6. erorxxx

Just rent out my new IP in upwey a few weeeks ago , just had one open 7 group came through and 6 of the 7 put the application in . One applicant offered 12 months rent in advance + above asking rent and the second one offered above asking rent . obviously, alot of demands for rent in the area but not enough stock around .

My PM has seen a lot of people came from Brunswick, Fitzroy , Thornbury move to this area for tree change :)

Orion likes this.
  7. peastman

peastman Well-Known Member

8. au contraire

au contraire Well-Known Member

Orion and korando1234 like this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.