QLD Dakabin vacancy rate

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Robbo03, 5th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Robbo03

Robbo03 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have both sides of my duplex in Dakabin currently up for rent. One side in 2 bed 1 bath, and the other is 3 bed 2 bath.

Could anyone with access to the data please let me know the current vacancy rate (I know there has recently been some development in the area), and does anyone have on the ground knowledge of the market at present and whether it should be tenanted quickly or could be a wait.

Thanks,

Robbo

2. JesseT

JesseT Well-Known Member

October 16 YIP magazine doesn't list Dakabin, but for postcode 4503 we have Griffin 21.39%, Murumba Downs 2.03%, Kallangur 2.58%

Hope that's of some help, what's going on in 'Griffin'? Currently 175 vacancies

Robbo03 likes this.
  3. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Robbo03 likes this.
  4. BarneyRubble

BarneyRubble Well-Known Member

Stacks of new builds in Griffin. That and Mango Hill, Murrumba Downs and Kallangur are all closer to the train so likely more attractive.

Robbo03 likes this.
  5. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

That website is always very unclear as it divides areas with postcodes and hides away the ground realities. That postcode of Dakabin is big and includes other suburbs as well.

Robbo03 likes this.
  6. 733

733 Well-Known Member

I am aware that a lot of 'property advisor' groups have been building H&L packages and townhouses in these areas which has an impact on the supply and demand balance

Robbo03 likes this.
  7. Chris White

Chris White Well-Known Member

We just leased two 4 bedroom houses in Dakabin for $410 and $415 in a week for a couple of Sydney based investors.

They were promised more $ by the promoters that they purchased through however they also wanted the properties leased quickly so this was the right price.

The vacancy was over 4% in Dakabin when I looked recently so price the properties appropriately and you should get a tenant reasonable quickly. I have noticed some properties on the market for a long time.

Robbo03 likes this.
  8. radioactive

radioactive Well-Known Member

True.Paul Wilson who runs a property investment company is also trying to sell town houses in this area.