Cubbyhole - thoughts on this concept?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Butterfly88, 3rd Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Well-Known Member

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

A slight bend on self storage facilities (they say as much in the website) which often contain small dry use "warehouses/offices" which may or may not comply with Council. They seem to have systemised this and taken it a level and the small space may suit some micro businesses etc with minimal stock issues. The claimed rental yield I determined from the below link seems 7% (??).....Could even be an affordable SMSF investment and might be capable of being rented to a members small business. Financing may otherwise be a issue.

Online Creative Portfolios and Creative Jobs - The Loop

Costs seems to be from $119K....

Last edited: 3rd Nov, 2017
  4. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul. I think the rent seems excessive for the Central Coast when inner west warehouse space is going for see below:
    Woodburn Creatives

NatKaw

Warehouse
    New South Wales , REDFERN

$150 (per week)

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Just ran my numbers over $200/m2 for an Industrial shell in the bush. :eek:

This almost equates to buying an apartment in one of those mega apartment blocks - imagine the body corporate meeting. :rolleyes: 84 owners, all investors and not one gives a damn about the externalities or their strata responsibilities.

It may be OK if you developed the entire site and held/build to rent but otherwise keep walking.... Better yet run. :confused:

Butterfly88, Stoffo and Colin Rice like this.
  6. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Looked at this concept last year, figures didn't add up, shared facilities instead of one in each unit - which I think would be a no no.. and expensive strata fees

My conversation with agent is coming back to me - am pretty sure when asked about facilities he said there was no water to each unit :eek:

Last edited: 3rd Nov, 2017
    Butterfly88 likes this.