Crypto Cryptocurrencies.

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Steven Ryan, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

sharon and Erica like this.
  2. Danyool

Danyool Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure if that link was safe to click? ;)

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

OMG, too funny, just googled 'the official digital currency of Tittie island- naughty- buy classy' surely making this stuff up!!!

But seriously, this whole Crypto stuff is REDICULOUS. Just for giggles I plugged $3k into a spread of the top 20 cryptos by market cap, and I'm up $1000 in just 7days!- That's like, what i make in a week at my desk job WTF! Think i'll hand in my resignation now ;):eek:;):D

4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

5. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

hahaha you haven't traded the market not just crypto you can make that in an hour sometimes
    but you don't always win you will have loss too when thing don't go your way and preserve capital to fight another day but all in all, if you know what you doing, making a few K in a week, isn't that hard with modest amount of money

that why big boys with large capital don't go into RE, there are a far easier way to make money
    Know anyone buying $5m worth of RE in a click ? one person drop $5m on CBA in 2010 on one trade

Toon and Alex Straker like this.
  6. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

This is such an interesting space and have 3 mates with mining rigs and making profits. Anyone have any tips on what up coming coins to purchase :)

7. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

I'm holding
    Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Bytecoin, Pascal, Stellar and Powerledger, as for tips on what to buy....anything at the moment, the speculation and media coverage introducing a whole wave of new speculators is fueling all cryptos, in my opinion you can make money of majority of them, trick will be when to sell out, that's the hard part lol

thegreat likes this.
  8. noogie60

noogie60 Well-Known Member

mickyyyy, Silverson and chylld like this.
  9. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Not really...

10. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

11. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    That news.com.au guy is completely clueless it’s not even funny

chylld and hammer like this.
  12. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

I think these articles are great... they raise awareness of crypto by first establishing rappore with that common FOMO fuel of regret, and then second, inadvertently challenging people who think they can do better and/or won't make such stupid mistakes.

btw the Bittrex exchange has had to suspend the creation of new accounts:

13. noogie60

noogie60 Well-Known Member

Well he could actually be hodling and waiting for his crypto holdings to go to the moon, so he can get his lambo:)
    Is that a lambo in your profile pic?:cool:

14. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Haha yes, I stand corrected :p

It's a Lotus Evora 400. I did think about upgrading to a Lambo Huracan but wasn't that impressed on the test drive.

hammer likes this.
  15. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

@Redwing
    "Fees, FOMO and fine print: I bought $300 worth of bitcoin, and immediately regretted it"

Absolutely true, Coinbase is terrible, they have very high fees and no ability to sell back out to Australian dollars. However, if you bought via that platform as a newb (like I did) I realised quickly it's very easy to send your crypto over to a much better platform.

I now use Coinspot.com.au- really simple to use, where I can buy and sell in AUD, and they have lots of different Alt-coins available (65 types instead of just the 3 types on Coinbase). Their fees a almost as ridiculous (3% to purchase, and 1% to swap between different types of coins). But if you want to exit fast, it's free to convert back to AUD and send your funds back to your Australian bank account.

For people that are having fun and making some money they usually go to a more complicated platform after a while, something like Bitfinex, which has much lower fees, but harder to use for newbs

#GambleResponsibly.

Gypsyblood, hammer and charttv like this.
  16. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

I find the fees are relatively easy to ignore. I hardly use "%" notation anywhere in my crypto spreadsheet as the numbers are too big to read quickly. Instead I use "×" e.g. my portfolio position is currently "3.473×"

17. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Yeh I figured HODL :) some and sell when it goes up. My mates are fully into it and im observing and learning as I got other things on my plate atm. I think a 12-18 month hold would be a good idea then sell...

18. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Anyone buy SAFEX? They've been delisted, so can't even sell them now. Even CoinSpot and Cryptopia have the wallets in maintenance mode.

Looks like it will be a very long 'hodl' waiting for them to either relist or do something else. Either way, it's the one coin I actually think has a bright future. And it pays dividends.

Another coin that got delisted got relisted and was 5x the price.

19. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

20. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.