ASX Shares Crying over spilt milk

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Jeah_, 18th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

i watched the BAL shares do there thing for the past six months and I'm still dirty about not jumping in back in June at <$4.

I did however jump in on A2M, and today has seen their price take off after revising their earnings up.

How long can it last though? Surely Euro milk producers must be watching with interest and will begin shouldering in on this market? A reputable company setting up in China with some kind of certification that puts confidence back into Asian consumers?

Hanison, Toon and Fargo like this.
  2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I have decided to reduce mine I had a buy order fill today @ $13.00 for 15% of my holding which almost covered my original investment. I am starting to get a little nervous with them. I don't think they can continue to gain like they have in the past, I think they are nearing what the intrinsic value of the company will be in about 2 years time but way more than it is now. I will continue to sell down more as/if the price rises. It has been a great ride seems like a 5% gain every day. Hansen had a good day to-day too, after its earning report up, 18%, I was trying to top up but so far have missed out. With part of the BAL proceeds I will take a small punt on BFC the next company with potential to cash in on China and Top up on Xero.

Hanison and Toon like this.
  3. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Oops ! it was a BAL sell order not Buy order

4. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

BAL had their typical 5% again today. A2M 14%. It just seems crazy. My conservative side is like you, @Fargo , take out 50% (my initial investment almost) and let the rest ride for a while. My greedy side says let it all ride.

Almost a post for the first world problems thread.

Toon likes this.
  5. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

A2M has had a wild ride for the last 2 weeks. It went up as high as 2.36 on 30 Dec just before the massive reversal, cleaned up a lot of people, triggering stop losses etc. It has gone down to 1.70.

The ride up and down for a pretty large cap stock is insane. There were so many stocks changing hands. Must be institution playing this out.

I was lucky I sold all at 2.18 (bought at 0.83 just over 1 month ago) when I saw that massive wave of selling and the stock price was collapsing very quickly by the minute. I guess I cry joyfully with all those A2 spilt milk.

Right now I will see where it will be settled before deciding to go in again.

jprops and Toon like this.
  6. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

I topped up another 10000 this morning at $1.50. I still think the fundamentals look good for A2 in the mid term.

Gockie, Hanison, Toon and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

Well it’s been a two year ride but...wow! With my initial purchase, and the top up, I cashed out, paid my cgt and ended up very bloody happy. Hope others jumped on too.

Sannie, Sticky, Marg4000 and 2 others like this.