COVID-19 in Australia

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by paulF, 31st Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

News regarding those in ICU

The Y-man

Live: NSW pub coronavirus strain linked to Victoria, PM says

Grim projections for ICU patients

The head of intensive care at one of Australia's leading hospitals says 15 per cent of coronavirus patients admitted to ICU in this country will die.

Associate professor Steve Mclaughlin, director of ICU at Alfred Health in Melbourne, says patients who require mechanical ventilation are less likely to survive.

He told ABC Radio Melbourne there wasn't any "magic bullet treatments" for the disease.

"What we are trying to do is provide the body with support to allow it to recover," he said.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Let's make the Parramatta River the no crossing zone.

Scott No Mates likes this.
  3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

they should just totally lock vic down from all other states so no one can say "i told you so" and "whine, why is that state allowed in and we arent"

kierank likes this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

This scares the bejeezus out of me Four alleged stowaways arrested in Adelaide on freight train from Melbourne

They were caught in Adelaide but the train goes to Perth so that might have been their intended destination. Why can't people just follow the rules!

Plus the fact that people that come to WA self isolate for 14 days and there have been cases of non compliance. There is no community transmission in WA but there will be if people don't follow the rules and self isolate properly.

kierank likes this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

It may be a bit late for that,as I went camping mid last week about 150 klms west of Brisbane and the place was packed and mostly Vic NSW number plates ...Still time to build the wall at Tweed heads ..

kierank likes this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Because people can't be trusted to do what they're told - I wouldn't be surprised if mask wearing was mandated in NSW/Vic by the end of the month ...

PM hints wearing face masks in public is next virus strategy

... got mine on order already. Some lovely fabric, washable, aboriginal print, handmade in Australia masks

il_1588xN.2382373190_2q71.jpg

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I usually reserve this look to stop flies getting up my nose on the tractor but ......

IMG_1614.JPG

Cousinit, Lizzie and TMNT like this.
  8. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

might be a bit late, but im sure locking down would help or is it too late

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Victorians are already not allowed to come into NSW, but some people will break rules. And who is to stop a long distance trucker from Melbourne from going to a truck stop in NSW during their worktime, touching some things, taking a break and sitting down to eat?

10. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

obviously essential services should be still allowed to go abouts their busienss

11. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

No I don't think so,the Lady running QLD and the medical teams combined as the numbers speak for themselves have done a excellent job as when you look into those faces of the people and stress they display and keep turning up each day it makes one feel proud to be Australian as over 65 dividends bludgers lives matter.

Mark F, kierank and TMNT like this.
  12. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

You blame the person involved. They had Covid, they knew they had to self isolate. The guards knew the people in the hotels had Covid and every man and his dog has been told for months to act as if you have it. They personally chose not to follow directions. It wouldn’t have mattered if they were in a hotel or not.

The government didn’t force them to interact with the guards. The alternative is the Chinese route where they welded doors shut to stop people getting out.

People like you can’t argue for the primacy of individual freedoms and then blame the government when people choose to do the wrong thing.

euro73 and LibGS like this.
  13. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I believe it's a combination of factors the main one being it's difficult to change habits which are ingrained. From most of the behaviour I have observed little, if any, is due to deliberately ignoring separation requirements. Instinctively shuffling forward to close a gap at supermarket line rather than stopping and thinking of why the gap exists. Simple things.

As for masks my neighbour kindly made me a couple - 100% non-stretch cotton, non-woven interface type stuff. She figured best leave the surgical ones to those who need them more; health care personnel and the like. I agree with that too.

wylie, TMNT, Lizzie and 1 other person like this.
  14. Melbourne_guy

Melbourne_guy Well-Known Member

Enough errors have been made to share the love/vitriol around. Suffice to say that Dan Andrews, Govt Ministers and several Govt Head of Dept are all in the mix as well as the unconscionable conduct of tens of thousands of people who refuse to test, refuse to social distance or even go to work knowingly suffering symptoms. We'll get through this episode but I fear it is being made doubly hard on the vast majority of the population by the actions of a minority.

marty998 likes this.
  15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I agree too - and the handmade masks look so much nicer. As for not observing distancing, I find old people to worst ... had one yesterday, in full mask, shove determinedly in front of me in the checkout line and stood barely mm in front (wasn't worth any argument) ... and the grey haired ladies seem to love congregating at the entrance to the chemist for a catchup chat before entering

16. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

Crossed the Queensland border at Texas last Friday the 10th after midday. Had an electronic Border Declaration Pass downloaded on my smartphone. I was through in under 5 minutes.
    Now in Karumba. Currently 26 degrees. Fishing tomorrow.....Happy Days!

Property Baron, Angel and kierank like this.
  17. SatayKing

Oi, I'm an "oldie" thank you but if my peers decide to self-select and increase the overall IQ far be it for me to stop them. I chose remain and be a cause of dumbing down the population.

Joynz, Lizzie, kierank and 1 other person like this.
  18. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Looks like Crossroads Patient Zero was Victorian BUT there on legit biz....

The Y-man

19. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

They flouted the rules because the people preventing them were unqualified.
    I mean this is just common sense I would have thought?

Its like saying the government should Just hire unqualified idiots to be prison guards because hey the convicts should know the rules and not break out.

your logic makes zero sense.

20. SatayKing

Works for all situations.

[​IMG]

Ted Varrick, marty998 and The Y-man like this.