Costing and possability of Subdivision

Discussion in 'Development' started by Daza, 8th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Daza

Daza Member

Hey Community,

I've been a member since the Somersoft days but have posted very rarely I do read a lot of posts tho. Anyway I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with.

First off I know there is a thread about cost of Subdivision but since I had multiple questions I thought I'd post here.

1. Has anyone done a sub division in Gisborne
    2. If so How much has it cost them
    3. Does anyone know how you can get around estate guidelines in relation to subdivision, For context; I bought a block in the early stages of the Bloomdale estate in Diggers rest, I attempted to subdivide it only to find that you cannot according to the guidelines states you cannot subdivide and the block size cannot be smaller than a certian size but there where blocks exactly half the size of mine being sold through the developer. Then I saw someone develop a corner block in a release that was after mine and the block sizes are smaller than what my subdivided block would have been. Here is a link to the design guidelines:
    http://bloomdale.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Stage_19A_Design_Guidelines.pdf

I'm more concerned with the Gisborne one as I'm looking at doing that in the near future. But if anyone has done a subdivision in a new estate that has guide lines or more specificaly if you ahve done one in Bloomdale in Diggers rest. Please could you tell me how you got around the guidelines or what you did to work within them to pull off a subdivision.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

2. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

What size lot in gisborne? Is there trees on the lot? Macedon ranges council and residents love their trees.

Talk to a planner about reviewing the controls for the diggers rest subdivision. There could be a few different controls encumbering your title (MCP, section 173, covenant /restriction), so it will have to be reviewed. The removal/variation methods of the above differs depending on which one it is.

3. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

The cost of subdivision is site specific. There are so many elements that go into the cost of developing land, there is no blanket rule. Even two properties abutting could be different to each other.

Talk to a planning / surveying / engineering firm and ask them to provide a feasibility for subdivision for your property.