Conveyencing/Legal costs for selling?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by SurfSeeker, 7th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SurfSeeker

SurfSeeker Active Member

Hi Experts

Wondering if someone could give me a Ballpark estimate of what it costs to sell a house in Qld?
    Legal/Conveyencing fees ?
    +
    What rates Agents are charging in a hot market?

Also as I may already have a buyer ( neighbour is interested in purchasing after I establish market value) What would be a reasonable rate for a Agent to act as a negotiated with neighbour? If they would do this

Many thanks in advance for your combined wisdom in this area. I’m a bit of a novice really.

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

If you have a buyer, you only need an agent if you want to market it to other people?

really depends on whether you are happy with the price. A few comparables and add a margin for the hot market?

SurfSeeker likes this.
  3. SurfSeeker

SurfSeeker Active Member

Thanks Trainee
    In another thread I asked how best to get a “Market Price” and it was suggested almost unanimously to Auction or ‘best offer by xx/xx/22’ + if sold to neighbour a different contract deal. I am going to get some legal/conveyancing feedback on these options but wondering how much all these different things cost

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

If you were to find a buyer perhaps $2K ish maybe even less in QLD. The only cost is the contract prep and conveyancing later. If you can find a buyer committed to a deal no agent is needed and basically all you need do is hand a contract to the neighbour etc . You may need a soliictor with a trust account for their deposit etc and to tie off the immediate formalities. If an agent was to negotiate or assist it will add around 2.5% of the property value easily and it would be unusual for them to discount a simple sale as its not an assurred sale anyway. So if you do the legwork it could save you $10Kplus.

5. SurfSeeker

SurfSeeker Active Member

Thanks for advice Paul....Food for thought.