Conveyancing service, are they all the same?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Samj, 19th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. monkey619

monkey619 New Member

Related question. With conveyancers, they seem to have different packages ranging from a basic package to including extra searches. For a first time buyer, what would people recommend for a property in Moreton Bay regional council?

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

less searches means you are taking more risk of buying something with problems you are no discovering.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Without looking at ewhat they are offering, all searches required to do the job properly.

But.

My first suggestion is use a solicitor in QLD who does a lot of conveyancing , they should advise you.

I know a woman up there that is part of a firm who was good to deal with, but I think you should find someone close to you who you feel comfotable with.

There are heaps of people who really would not be good for inexperienced people.

4. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

In QLD I'd recommend Certus legal. Solicitors only, great to deal with, fast responses via email or phone, on the ball.

willair and Perthguy like this.
  5. Wendy Chamberlain

Wendy Chamberlain Well-Known Member

Our experience has been the polar opposite @Peter_Tersteeg . 99% of the time when we have an issue with settling a sale, it is due to an incompetent conveyancer, having missed something on the contract.

Just today a Vendor's conveyancer could not even get the name of their own client right on the contract of sale they prepared, even though the vendor statement included the paperwork for the title (correct name), a building permit request (correct name) and building insurance (correct name).

There are many excellent solicitors that deal primarily with conveyancing work and that is who we recommend our clients to as we know that they are in excellent, capable hands. Most are also flat fee with those fees stated upfront so there are no surprises for the client.

6. hpcproperty

hpcproperty Member

Highly Recommend - David Martell
    Priority Legal Service / Conveyance
    07-3808 2026

Very details, very proactive, and they are investor as well.
    Most important - they are very easy to apporach...phone call, email, msg..