Converting strata to survey strata

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by surinder Singh Sandhu, 24th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. surinder Singh Sandhu

surinder Singh Sandhu New Member

Hi
    I got old strata block in Perth. Now I want to convert into survey strata. But the other owner of the block refused me to do it. Now my application is with SAT. Judge asked me under what section and what ordered I want from the SAT so I can proceed with my application. He advised me to use legal advise. Which is very expensive. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

...have you considered getting legal advice? I mean, that's what the SAT member advised you to do.

I can't think off the top of my head how you could would force the other owner to convert against their will.

3. surinder Singh Sandhu

See belo from sat member. Last hearing other owner was agreed to do survey. So I spent $3000. Now I gave them 5 different options of the block how it will look but they refused. They want to keep more land of the block
    the proposed amended order/s sought, listed numerically and stating the specific act or action which the applicant seeks that the respondent be ordered to do or take or refrain from doing or taking; and
    (b) the grounds for each of the amended orders sought, listed numerically and stating the specific section of the Strata Titles Act 1985 and/or the by-laws of the strata company which are relevant to each order sought.

4. jaydee

jaydee Well-Known Member

5. surinder Singh Sandhu

6. Mad*Mother

Mad*Mother New Member

Hi, we're wanting to do the same thing and consulted a strata lawyer. We were told that the relevant sections to apply under are s.197(4) and 197(1)(a)(ii) or 197(1)(a)(vi) Orders sought under s. 200(1) and 200(2)(n). You may also need an order under 200(6) to amend the scheme documents. Step 1 is to present your proposal/motion to convert to survey strata to your neighbour (include surveyor plan & valuer assessment of site values). We were quoted $8,000 to $10,000 for the strata lawyer to draft the necessary motions. When neighbour says no, the next step is to make an application to SAT - lawyer quoted $10,000-$30,000 to represent us. There is no way that I would attempt the process unrepresented, so it's basically fork over the $$ or give up :(

Moon effects likes this.
  7. surinder Singh Sandhu

Thanks for sharing your experience.