Congratulations to NSW Liberal government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Illusivedreams, 24th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

2. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Thank god for that.

Francesco and Morgs like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Oz needs to stay as liberal as much as possible. Labor will be even more of a disaster than liberal could ever be.

Francesco, Morgs, Handyandy and 6 others like this.
  4. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's a good result or not for the State but just because they are spending so much on infrastructure doesn't mean it's a good thing. A lot of these projects have been late and over budget and most will be costing NSW residents massive daily toll charges.

5. Illusivedreams

I find most projects are over budget.
    I don't live in Randwick but seeing light rail in Kensington is a game changer. Students and city workers will have great infra.
    Rail into the hills district. My friends in Kelly ville will be able to work in the city and make it home in reasonable time to see their.kids.

The F6 start which is a project that was on the Gregory street directory since the 60s.

New hospits.

New airports

Sydney can't be Adelaide.

Sydney.and Melbourne.will be large cities and in so need world class.facilities.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

There was a placard at Summer Hill station - "Labor will deliver transport infrastructure"

Hmmmm I thunk to myself - how many announcements, reannouncements and cancellations in their last term in office?

7. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

I am happy that the big infrastructure will continue.
    An extension from Tallawong to Schofields and beyond in now almost a certainty, which will be great for the area.
    St Mary's and Schofields will become major hubs. Parramatta too will benefit from their new metro as well.

eletronic_exp0430 likes this.
  8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Only if you live in Sydney, and then it'll cost you a small fortune in tolls.

Towns in the bush are crying out for a teaspoon of spending - perhaps to fix the local pool or add another classroom or a desperately need hospital upgrade - but are getting squat.

The stadium thing has made a lot outside Sydney really mad. I was slightly surprised they got back in (although secretly please even if I voted the other way)

marty998 and qak like this.
  9. Scott No Mates

We were up in Musswellbrook & Scone two weeks ago. The amount being spent on improvements to the freeway were not inconsequential (and not tolled).

10. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

I think at least infrastructure are being built, that's the key. Labor won't build anything based on past experience.

11. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Infrastructure like a new Sydney stadium, to replace one built just 30 years ago?

Berejiklian wants to cut immigration because there isn't the infrastructure to support the people who are coming in. Perhaps that indicates that there's something wrong with the infrastructure which is being built?
    Screenshot_20190324-101849.png

Parkzilla, SoroSoro, apk and 2 others like this.
  12. Scott No Mates

How long did the Sydney Ent Centre last vs the International Convention Centre (opened with Darling Harbour circa 1988). Both gone and part of the new and improved ICCC.

My big beef is the always mooted fast rail. Why send it to Sydney? If it stopped at Westmead or Liverpool (don't even bother clogging Parramatta) then hop on to a standard express train to the CBD or Badgerys Creek or Penrith or Int'l Airport etc. The Sydney lines are choked don't bother throwing more trains onto the lines or building another Sydney-centric line.

geoffw likes this.
  13. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Sydney monorail did not last the distance either :) The disused stations are now an eyesore (as well as large parts of the Sydney CBD, sadly)

14. Illusivedreams

100% I would cry for highways like this in Sydney.
    Also regional Hospitals are getting amazing Boost non funding

Scott No Mates likes this.
  15. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Don't see how that's possible at the federal level frankly.

Berejiklian runs rings around Daley (and Morrison) and the fact that the election was even close shows how toxic the federal lnp are to their state cousins. She should have smashed nsw Labor, who are hopeless.

Morrison is bemoaning clogged cities and traffic. Well, buddy (Morrison, not you Sackie), you've been in government since 2013, and we had 11 years of liberal government from 1996 to 2007 through the most lucrative period in Australian history (the mining boom. Infrastructure, where the bloody hell are you? Where did all of that money go? Should have put it in one of nodrog's LICs.

By the way, did you know that in 2013 the International Monetary Fund identified John Howard as the most profligate (needlessly wasteful) spender of government money in Australian history? That's not leftie pinko propaganda, that's the IMF.

I seriously don't understand how this myth of the lnp being superior economic managers persists. If they spent as much effort on the economy as they do on pointless culture wars and dog whistling to rwnjs it might be a different story.

If you asked ScoMo to talk positively for 5 minutes about his vision for Australia without mentioning the Labor party I think he'd fall in a heap. Bloody policy vacuum is what this government represents, which is why we are talking about paedophile murderer terrorist refugees coming to Australia for medical treatment kicking hard working strayans out of their hospital beds. If a couple hundred refugees are going to overwhelm our medical system you're not funding it very well are you? Also, those people coming for treatment stay in detention the whole time just like someone in jail getting medical treatment. Also, if they are actually convicted of those crimes the minister can veto the transfer. It's a distraction because they have no ideas.

Not that I'm saying that Labor will be our saviours, far from it, they will likely descend into some type of farce in the not too distant future, but I can't see how they could possibly be any worse at the federal level than our current government. Hey, maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Fun fact on refugees:

From 2007 to 2013, 51,946 asylum seekers arrived by boat. That's over six years.

Over the past four years during Abbot/Turnbull/Morrison 64,362 asylum seekers arrived by plane. Last year there were more than 27,000. The highest we had in a year during Rudd/Gillard/Rudd was 20,587.

Back on topic :)

Congratulations to the Berejiklian government, which seems one of the few governments in Australia which has a clue about what is doing

16. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

Straight to Centrelink for Michael Daley the bum.

17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong, Im not a great fan of both governments. But what breaks the camel's back for me with labor ultimately is their ideological roots of basically taking from the active, the people who make the most amount sacrifices in society and giving to the less active, the folks who make the least amount of sacrifices and therefore have less. I could never vote for any party with those beliefs at their core.

Labor wants everyone to have equal regardless of their effort. I think that's BS and ppl who sacrifice more SHOULD have more. Alot more.

Last edited: 24th Mar, 2019
    Observer, skater, qak and 5 others like this.
  18. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

What makes the Metro a game changer for the hills is the reliability.

I’ve been on 607X services from Rouse Hill to city that have taken over 90 minutes. Normal time is 1hr in peak. That’s when they show up. Changing train at Chatswood only a minor inconvenience whilst remainder of link via Barangaroo to Martin’s Place is completed.

My public transport trip to work at Macquarie Park will also be much quicker & more reliable.

I’ll also have much better public transport connections to Epping, Hornsby, Chatswood & North Shore, Rhodes/Strathfield & main western line. So much better for catching up with friends.

19. Scott No Mates

But will my bike ride be any less bumpy?

20. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

I get where you're coming from but more work and sacrifice doesn't necessarily translate to more money. It's not that linear. Plenty of people slogging their guts out just to make ends meet and have no way, or see no way out.

Rich doesn't equal industrious and poor doesn't equal lazy so I don't mind some tinkering around the edges to even things up a bit, even if it means I lose out a little bit.

Lizzie, thatbum and geoffw like this.