Condensation - How to control/eliminate?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by dan_89, 19th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I have the same problem
    I use a portable dehumidifier.

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Humidity could be the least of your problems with that setup.

3. Sannie

Sannie Well-Known Member

Hi All. I see an up and running thread just when I wanted the most. Thank you all. On a brief note in my case. I own and live in a single storey unit in SA. it was previously rented out and I moved back recently due to work and change of circumstances. The unit is pretty old built in 1970's naturally needs a lot TLC. Coming to the point the unit is having a few spots of roof dampness in the hall area and bedroom, mould in the toilet grout which I cleaned off with some cheap stuff bought from Bunnings and luckily it worked out in the toilet. Bedroom has recently some condensation forming in the roof along with spots of roof dampness which existed long before.

The vents inside the house are all patched up while the outside has shows there was one before? Try and do the same at my place as shown in the video following. While I would also like hear your thoughts on this.

And for the bathroom I see the toilet vent fan is not powerful enough to draw the moisture out. so need to replace that with a better quality fan and get an electrician to fix is the only solution I foresee at the moment.

And for the hall I am thinking about repeating the same as in bedroom along with fixing a whirlybird? Honestly I haven't seen units having whirlybird but would consider having one on my roof if it solves the problem. Your thoughts please. Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. lisawithane

lisawithane Well-Known Member

If you have a subfloor then you can install an underfloor vent like ecoFan that will continually run and remove dampness in the subfloor. They're inexpensive to run and do a great job