Come at me , Bro !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ace in the Hole, 20th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Getting booted from Somersoft after a good 13 years so might as well follow the herd over here, wait, isn't it bad to follow the herd?
    I'm gonna jump the queue and head to the front of the pack.

My game is Business, Developing and Investing.
    My interests are Business, Developing and Investing.
    My goals are Business, Developing and Investing.
    Life is all about Business, Developing and Investing, with a bit of family, health & fitness, travel and recreation for balance.
    I do like an occasional wager too.

My current business supplies gym equipment, so anybody who wants to get fit, strong and jacked, ("toned"), for the women, come to me for some training gear.

Also just starting up a Fitness Apparel range born from an idea 2 months ago, so anybody who wants to Look Good while getting fit, strong and jacked, ("toned"), for the women, come to me for some Gym Wear, great for casual wear too.

Ace

Patamea and bob shovel like this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

i think its not really following, just the farmer has changed the name of the farm.

ace, will you continue the apparel thread over here for us to follow? keen for an update.

3. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Bro, do you even lift?

Keep us posted on progress on all fronts, Ace. Your story is incredibly inspiring–epic success across each of your areas of focus. A great example to others of what is possible when your mindset is right and vision is executed with discipline.

4. Ace in the Hole

Yeah, I'll update it here.
    Will try to copy my original post and bring it over.

5. Ace in the Hole

Thank you Sir.
    I have my down times and get a bit off track sometimes, but just gotta get back on the horse and keep going to reach the goal.

6. Steven Ryan

Also known as "being human".

Can't wait to see what life looks like for you in your 60s, 70s, 100s, 130s..

7. bob shovel

i like the 100s, 130s part.
    what are your thoughts for ageing in the future? average is obviously increasing but is there a big increase on the horizon?
    i recall my highschool science teacher (mad yank) saying "we would either be the first generation to live forever or the last to die". I think forever is still a way off but living longer is definately occuring

8. Steven Ryan

Careful, you've opened a can of worms. I can talk for weeks straight about the future, particularly human longevity, ageing, medicine, genomics, biotechnology.

All evidence suggests many people alive today will be living, healthily, beyond 150. Their children or grandchildren may be celebrating their 1000th birthdays.

Human beings are terrible–no, incapable–of dealing with exponential growth so we fail to see the implications of the compounding progress in areas that are having–and will have–a significant impact on human health and longevity. We look to the past as a reference point to the future. Doesn't work when exponentials are involved.

There will come a point in the future where we, as a species, are adding more than 1 year to human life expectancy every year. Its just a matter of when. I'm doing my best to live long enough to live forever. May not happen but I will be doing my utmost to last as long as I can.

3d printed replacement parts, personalised medicine and genome sequencing, medical imaging, better understanding of biology, neurology, robotics, nanotechnology etc.

We're just getting started.

The biggest area people fall over in is thinking that living to be 150 means you're just clinging on, old, grey, fragile, senile, decrepit. Not the case. 100 will be the new 50 soon enough.

If you are interested in more, have a dig for some stuff from Aubrey de grey, Peter Diamandis, Ray Kurzweil, Craig Venter.

Food for thought:

[​IMG]

teg499 and bob shovel like this.
  9. bob shovel

i thought id get the can opener out! probably another mind bending thread to start!
    wow, its some crazy stuff we'll be experiencing! there are some major hurdles and challenges that mankind faces, as you said no point looking to the past for what to do!! it is concerning as things are moving very quickly but whether there is an overall plan to manage this growth and development!
    so many facets to it.
    surely earth needs to move away from the cpi continual growth concept to be more self sustaining to what we have. i think dick smith was onto to stopping australias pop growth but not with regards to what you mentioned.

surely earth is moving from the "construction phase" to "maintenance period"

more info for to read! i did read a book called - a brief history of the future" but ghis didnt toych on all that you mentioned more so the end of the american era and shift to the next country/region to step up

10. Steven Ryan

I view things differently. We always find a way.

We're entering a period of absolute abundance across the board and all signs point to earth's population levelling out around the 10 billion mark and potentially beginning to decline from there. Broadly speaking, as GDP goes up, birth rates go down. More than half the world doesn't have reliable internet access (see: information access which leads to everything else, better health, better economies, better educated people etc). In 5 years, most of planet eaath will have internet access. Look what the internet has done for the less than HALF of the world who currently have reliable access. Just watch what happens when we all do.

Technology and knowledge are compounding upon themselves. We are becoming smarter (I mean, compared to someone alive 50 years ago I am the smartest person to ever have lived on earth by an insane margin. Ask me a question, I'll whip out my phone and have the answer almost instantly if anyone on earth has figured it out and shared their knowledge). The amount of energy available to us as a species STAGGERS the mind yet we harness almost none of it. This is changing. Something to whet the appetite: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

Further evidence of this time of abundance is the fact that INDIVIDUALS can now to what only corporations/governments/countries were able to do in the past. Like, you know, starting a space company.

I'd better stop myself or I will write a novel-length reply..

Ouga and bob shovel like this.
  11. bob shovel

wow! where can i buy the novel... or should i say when can i buy it?
    so much info to get into!! i need to shortlist some books to keep an eye on, is there a way that i sit a book on my head and it transfers it to my brain?? :cool:
    the gdp and pop concept is interesting and something i hadnt heard, interesting to knowthere is a slow down ahead. so on the property clock we're at 10 or 11o'clock for growth, although probably not a good comparison tool.
    one other quick thing ... colonising other planets? will it be a permanent move or shift for man kind elsewhere or earth will remain home just with outposts elsewhere for research or like futurams collecting

12. bob shovel

im having phone issues with this new format
    ...like futurama collecting dark matter

13. Steven Ryan

Audiobooks are a great way to go. I tend to retain more of what I hear. I think that applies to everyone. And I can listen while commuting etc. People are suggesting at some point in the ensuing decades we might be able to upload books instantly to our brains but we're not there yet ;)

As a starting point, check the audiobooks of "Abundance" - Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler, "The Singularity Is Near" - Ray Kurzweil. They cover a lot of that stuff.

With guys like Elon Musk bent on making mankind an interplanetary species, it's pretty likely that the Moon and Mars will have small colonies and we, as a species, will endeavour to terraform them over time but ultimately, if no disaster wipes us out before then, we'll diverge and settle in on many planets and moons and evolve differently over time.

The moon is an excellent base for intrasolar and extrasolar exploration/colonisation as gravity is a fraction of that on earth so launches are much more cost-effective. If we can develop technology for traveling great distances (or of hacking the travel e.g. wormholes/warp drives) it seems inevitable that the species of explorers that we are will explore the far reaches and some will settle there..

Longterm, humans must spread out to survive. In 4-5 billion years, our sun is going to begin its final hurrah, becoming a red giant and dying. Life on earth won't be possible then.

bob shovel likes this.
  14. bob shovel

ill get kids to listen in the car too! absorb it from day dot

i originally was referring to your book!

15. Justin_Z

Justin_Z Mortgage Broker Business Member

Will hit ya up one day when I can build my dream gym in my dream home :D

Edit: and finally get to curl in the squat rack

16. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I got jacked once. It wasn't an altogether unpleasant experience.
    Do you sell supplements, protein and the like or do you stick to the equipment/apparel side?

17. Steven Ryan

Bob, we should take this to private messages. We've hijacked Ace's thread!

bob shovel likes this.
  18. bob shovel

yeh.things escalated quickly!

ace will easily regain the thread with his awesomeness!

19. teg499

teg499 Well-Known Member

Ray Kurzweil's 'Fantastic Voyage' is a top read. If his predictions on future of medicine and longevity are true, then we are really living in a golden age. Great time to be alive.