Combined Drain/Sewer Brisbane

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by headsonbeds, 12th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. headsonbeds

headsonbeds Well-Known Member

For all of you Brisbane renovators out there I was wondering if anyone had done substantial renovations where a combined sewer was involved?

My neighbours and I are both looking to do some renovations in the next 2 years and we share a combine sewer. Their sewer runs into our yard and then to the main sewer line. I don't think either of us would have problems sorting it out/paying.

Do you have to split them? Did the neighbours Pay half? Any other interesting points?

Does the order of renovation make any difference?

TheRons likes this.
  2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Do you intend to build above or a slab ?,most plumbing older style is set up like this,just buy a plumbing plan and see where the gully pit is because it will be in someone yard close .imho..

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Go to dbyd and grab a free plan to see why its combined and if you can seperate or any other things that may pop up. Feel free to upload

I think he who applies first for the da will wear any work required and costs, but then you guys can sort it out. It would be ideal to get it all done in one hit or have a plan of what yd other is doing to save any re-birthersworks down the track with DA 2