Coincidence or not?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Dylan33, 12th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dylan33

Dylan33 Well-Known Member

This afternoon I went for a walk with my wife down the park along the river. We came across a new little exercise park on a concrete slab adjacent to the path. I couldn't resist not having a little play on each machine . An hour later when we got home I had a quick squint at Facebook and low and behold there's a "suggested post " Exercise Machines! Coincidence or what? It's big brother but not as we know it!

Bran likes this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I dunno... but I wish there was outdoor exercise equipment by the River at Parramatta....

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Email it to the administrator (there's no mayor) - they're doing a lot of civic works at Parramatta including a walkway to the river/Powerhouse Museum site, so there's a good chance that it's on the cards or can be accommodated.

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

There is.. jumping over the needles, sprints to avoid the hobos, boxing to fend off muggers..

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

These days it's more like watch where you are walking... the pokemón chasers are clogging up the space...

DaveM likes this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Whenever I see those free exercise machines in a park I always pull the Commodore over and have a work out.

It's a cheap work out. They got everything...exercise bikes, elliptical machine, chest press etc. all made of steel and you can't pinch them without an oxy.

The machines work on your body weight so if you need more weight just ask one of the kids in the park to jump on your back while exercising. Second thoughts better not do that, especially if you look like me lol.

Dylan, I'd say your smart phone has given away your location to some marketing mob who have already linked your phone to your facebook page.

7. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

It's no coincidence.
    Facebook terms allow access to you phones GPS. It would have picked up you were at an outdoor excersize area and triggered a directed add at you.

Their data matching is pretty cool I recon. But let's hope the ATO don't cut a deal with Mark

Blacky

8. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Check out these settings on iPhone
    Settings-location services-check each app to see what access you provide (I'm guessing you are giving Facebook access)
    Also check settings-location services-system services-frequent locations.
    This will show you where you have been and for how long.

Yeah. Big brother is watching.

Blacky

9. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

VN?

images.jpg

datto likes this.