VIC Clyde North vs Officer vs Frankston North

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by macdub, 26th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Yeah you mentioned this before. I'm now focusing on few areas and my budget is $400k. Exciting times ahead.

2. datageek

datageek Well-Known Member

John Lindeman's pick of Clyde North: houses have had roughly 2.5% annual compound growth for the 3 years since Dec 2014.

3. Dean Coulter

Dean Coulter New Member

One expert I spoke to said and sent me data that Clyde North had grown 16% over 4 years( per year ) from 2013-2017, I bought there in 2013 for $355K ( 4 bed , 315 m2 block ) . I had it valued last June(2017) and it's value was $530K.

4. Dean Coulter

Dean Coulter New Member

I bought in Clyde North in 2013 for $355K ( 315m2 ) had it valued in June 2017 ..$530K.

5. jazzsidana

jazzsidana Well-Known Member

I hold few properties around those areas - Berwick/Narre warre and Frankston. Of the three you mentioned, go for Frankston but with budget of $350K, will need to shop hard..
    All these suburbs in last three to four years have seen some good growth and yields are relatively poor at this point...
    Market is starting to cool down little bit, hence should be able to negotiate some good buys soon!..
    All the luck shopping @macdub ..

6. datageek

datageek Well-Known Member

Lindeman picked Clyde North houses in a report he published in Feb 2015. The full list included:

NSW 2443, DUNBOGAN, H
    VIC, 3030, WERRIBEE, U
    VIC, 3500, MILDURA, U
    VIC, 3978, CLYDE NORTH, H
    QLD, 4215, LABRADOR, U
    QLD, 4566, NOOSAVILLE, U
    SA, 5169, SEAFORD, H
    SA, 5118, HEWETT, H
    WA, 6152, COMO, U
    WA, 6725, BROOME, H

The compound annual growth rate for the total portfolio according to Core Logic's 3 month median between Feb 2015 and Sept 2017 was less than 2%.

10 markets were picked - so I'm sure you'll find at least one winner among them. But on avg they achieved less than a third of the national average growth rate for the same period.

I'm sure you'll find an individual property success story in there somewhere, especially if you use different dates and different data providers. That's why I calculated the average for the entire portfolio and used a 3-month median.

7. Varghese

Varghese New Member

I had to make that choice 2 year ago and we chose Officer and I’m happy to say I have made a right choice. It’s a very good and clean suburb and is almost the same distance and time from my old house in Narre Warren south to CBD. Secondly since the Monash upgrade it’s very convenient to travel without much traffic. It’s closer to Berwick and there have been major developments around Officer station and the land value have gone up drastically. It’s far better than Pakenham as pakhnm is even 10-15 min further down. There are plenty schools & colleges for upcoming of children and many many sports ground, recreational parks like the new dragon park. It’s very food for families with kids for healthy and serene living with all facilities in and around. We love here and is far far better than the congested clyde and surrounds where I lived earlier.

Nando Lee likes this.