Climate Change Performance Indicator

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 20th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Happy to read all view points from all angles Lizzie. For a direct data its on the NASA website and Irina can be contacted at [email protected]. There is also a NASA you tube ScienceCast: The Suns Magnetic field is about to flip, where there is talk of the 11 year solar cycle and we are in the middle of cycle 24.It is suggested by some scientists that the change in cosmic rays could affect cloud formation and climate. We also recently had the 2 volcano eruptions leading up to this including most recently in NZ.

Lizzie likes this.
  2. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

George Smiley likes this.
  3. Serveman

Thanks for posting this. I do accept that the IMF are giving directives to many countries around the world in the name of climate change. For those who care or interested I would like to share this you tube video that partly explains why I push back on pro climate change movement.

I am not here expecting to change views on the matter but plead for those who value their freedom and individuality to at least give this a consideration. There is a bit on property here and how climate change, environment and government and corporations work, so I think it fits in well here.

4. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Serveman nothing personal but you need to stop getting all your information from unreliable and unsubstantiated sources on the internet. The UN Agenda 21 conspiracy theory involving a coming one-world government is nothing short of lazy, laughable and completely unrealistic (Protocols of the Elders of Zion level crap). It's was rehashed by people like Glenn Beck who rely on their audiences not reading about the actual document and instead just fulfilling their prejudices through their commentary. Climate change and sustainability are mammoth issues that were unsurprisingly, and I would say inevitably, going to require concerted global action and the involvement of multi-lateral institutions; to cast this action as being motivated by a devious intent with the ability to erode the national sovereignty is straight out of the denialist playbook and isn't supported by any real evidence.

And get off of electroverse.net. That article you posted should be enough to discredit them for eternity- think about it for a minute, they appeal and use science (NASA) for some legitimacy in their narrative but then insinuate that the solar minimum is going to result in 'brutal cold, crop loss,famine,war' which isn't supported by science.

One of the biggest challenges western civilisation faces might be this new form of anti-intellectualism and distrust of scientific facts. I say 'new' insofar that the tools to discredit fact are only a few key strokes away. All too often all that matters is one's tribal affiliation and emotional impulse, so fact and reality take a back seat, and when policy is formed or influenced by this stupidity the results can be nothing short of catastrophic.

Last edited: 23rd Jan, 2020
    LibGS, Propagate and Lizzie like this.
  5. Serveman

Ok George, Straight from the 2018 World Government summit.

6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Sometimes it pays to go straight to the source. The low solar cycle is beneficial for "space exploration" with calmer "space" weather ... Solar Activity Forecast for Next Decade Favorable for Exploration

Here's a simple version of how the solar cycle affect earth itself (note, no mention of weather) ... What Is the Solar Cycle? | NASA Space Place – NASA Science for Kids

7. Serveman

And the article/ you tube video also states that some scientists believe that the cosmic activity can affect clouds and climate.

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

oooookay - interesting but not sure what a glossy Hybrid Intelligence (a form of AI) has to do with acknowledging and dealing with climate change

What is concerning is how rapidly our oceans are warming into unknown territory - the oceans are the stabilisers of our weather patterns and temperatures and the disruption of which is already showing up in increased ferocity of hurricanes, typhoons, cyclones, storms, drought etc

NASA Has Broken Down All The Disturbing Ways 2019 Smashed Records

9. Serveman

And this, another example of some scientists trying to fudge the data to further a political ideology
    Have a look at what is happening with James Cook University currently under investigation into falsifying research on coral bleaching related to link to climate change. Scientist Peter Reed was sacked for questioning the research and his whole life and career now destroyed because he wouldn't fall into line. This is how pernicious this is.

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Where? Not in either of the links I've posted and just re-read

11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

12. Serveman

This video and the previous video clearly links what is going on here and climate change narrative is one of the 3 parts in how it will all happen.

13. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Not sure what you want me to think of this? It has nothing to do with the impossible one-world government/Agenda 21 conspiracy theory nor is there anything in in that video that lends that theory any credence.
    All I see is a summit of leaders, policy makers and influential people from the private sector coming together to discuss climate change, sustainability with a technological focus on addressing these very concerning issues. It would be remiss of organisations and leaders not to factor in cutting edge technology, including AI, as at least one part of the solution in addressing these threats. That's not to say AI and technology don't or won't present issues around privacy and individual freedom, but there's no malevolent intent here to do so and if you think there is then you're going to need some pretty incredible evidence to show it, otherwise it's just another unlikely bow being drawn.

Anyway, we're getting off topic which is about Australia's climate change performance, not easy-to-debunk global conspiracy theories. I suggest you start a climate skeptics thread if you want to continue down that road. Edit: I've just started a climate change debate thread.

Lizzie and LibGS like this.
  14. Serveman

Here, this one (between 3.00 and 4.00. Its about the cosmic rays, clouds and climate.

15. Serveman

16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I'm sorry - as someone who is deeply engaged in evolving community thought and direction from a grass roots level, including the introduction of community level/personal sustainability - I got 4 minutes in and and cannot listen to any more of her conspiracy theory ramble. This is her own bio which highly suggests that she is qualified in nothing but valuing property:

"Rosa Koire, ASA, is the executive director of the Post Sustainability Institute. She is a forensic commercial real estate appraiser specializing in eminent domain valuation. Her nearly 30 years of experience analyzing land use and property value enabled her to recognize the planning revolution sweeping the country."

Fortune had an article on her (debunking her posturing) but it's behind a firewall - the next best I could find was:

Hidden Agenda

"Michael Ruppert, Sebastopol-based journalist profiled in the 2009 documentary Collapse, says the Agenda 21 fear is an example of the scapegoating that occurs when societies face economic collapse. "This is a cookie-cutter tactic practiced by corporations, banks and the powers that be to sow and create political discontent," says Ruppert, "and to separate and divide and distract via needless controversy."

"It's unfortunate that anti-government groups like the Post Sustainability Institute see nefarious plots behind the efforts of those working towards environmental sustainability," says Asher Miller, executive director of the Post Carbon Institute. "After all, we likely share many beliefs—including the value of strong local communities. But I am curious to know what they envision a 'post-sustainable' world looks like. Here's betting they wouldn't actually want to find themselves or their kids there." "

17. Serveman

Local community action is a great thing, the more countries can keep things local and at an individual level the better, The video however questions things that are happening at a more collective and global matter including climate change, legislation and identity politics. It's there to debate, I'm not forcing anyone to believe or reject, up to the individual to make of what you believe.
    I can, however, see the things that she is saying and therefore I express my concerns here.

18. Serveman

Jordan Peterson explains how he feels that the debate has been politicised, which is why people can become skeptical with some of the claims

19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Which is fine - but for the wider community we do appear to need government foundation to guide direction and change (ie, electricity grids, plastic packaging etc).

I am bemused at your postings of "supportive" links - a debunked data manipulator - an AI glossy promo - an unqualified conspiracy theorist ... and now this. What is it that you're trying to get across other than that you listen to unfounded claims and conspiracy theories rather than science?

Yes - sadly it has become political as many governments give lip service, for the sake of getting re-elected, but do nothing ... as for Jordon Peterson:

How dangerous is Jordan B Peterson, the rightwing professor who 'hit a hornets' nest'?

... and a glowing reference from Tucker Carlson is more than enough to send the conspiracy/fake facts alarms bells ringing:

" ... was described by excitable Fox News host Tucker Carlson as “one of the great interviews of all time”... "

“Peterson’s secret sauce is to provide an academic veneer to a lot of old-school rightwing cant, including the notion that most academia is corrupt and evil, and banal self-help patter,” says Southey. “He’s very much a cult thing, in every regard. I think he’s a goof, which does not mean he’s not dangerous.”

So - who is Jordan Peterson? A psychologist (not any of the bio-sciences) making outlandish claims regarding climate change? Sorry but he lost me right here:

"Jordan Peterson is also a right-wing internet celebrity who has claimed that feminists have “an unconscious wish for brutal male domination,” referred to developing nations as “pits of catastrophe” in a speech to a Dutch far-right group, and recently told a Times reporter that he supported “enforced monogamy.”

Jordan Peterson, the obscure Canadian psychologist turned right-wing celebrity, explained

20. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Given that this is meant to be a "rational and neutral debate", I would have thought that the most rational thing to do would be to pay attention to the actual science which:
    • has millions of hours of research
    • has data and methodologies published and up for scrutiny
    • has been through peer review
    • is falsifiable
    • is repeatable

Analysis was done on the papers that don't agree with the idea of man made climate change:
    Learning from mistakes in climate research

The only thing that some people bring to the "debate" is political and emotive arguments, not a shred of scientific evidence to back their claims.

gman65, Lizzie, George Smiley and 2 others like this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.