VIC CLAYTON the best middle ring suburb in melbourne.

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by google boy, 15th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

10 min walk is like 1km away u in safe hands then. Though 4 bed 3 bath are selling 840-920k so the mainland Chinese guy would rather pay that for the one below

3/42 Edinburgh Street Clayton Vic 3168 - Townhouse for Sale #125366694 - realestate.com.au

U shud have bought in Clarinda - old units townhouses don't hold value this ain't balwyn or glen Waverley where the townhouse is in the high school zone. Why would anyone pay top dollar when there is so much new stock ard for brand new at same prices? i still see many old townhouses selling 600-700kish

Last edited: 23rd Jul, 2017
  2. JamesP

JamesP Well-Known Member

Forget Clayton it's a dive full of cracked concrete, fumes, spit and chewing gum. If it was good it would've shown demand at the beginning, not the end. Heck even Scoresby/Wantirna/Footscray moved before Clayton.

Come buy in Upper Beaconsfield. The air is pristine. There are only 800 homes in the entire suburb. If only one of us purchases there it's probably enough to manipulate the entire suburbs median.

3. google boy

google boy Well-Known Member

Speak the truth mate, don't go with ur personal judgement. Here is reality property market truth about clayton townhouse sold price. U can have a look and decide. Here is the link

Clayton, VIC 3168 Sold Townhouse Prices & Auction Results

Anyway, I like the location of my townhouse where I can access everything easily. Clayton is changing rapidly .

4. melbournian

Is not personal judgement coz my relative has 3 bedroom townhouse bought ard same time as u otp and that is how much it sells after wear and tear.

That link u show is brand new townhouse otp which justifies that the high prices are only for brand new stuff not second hand. It is the truth.

5. google boy

In townhouse , location is the key mate. After 20-30k renovation, houses can be brand new.

Cant u see 3/ 21 Arnott street townhouse sold for 790 k which is very old townhouse. Its up to u decide. By the way, where are ur investment properties? I know u got one in point cook, what about others?

6. melbournian

well did have 3 in pt cook (now 2) - rest in Europe, Asia and Melbourne ( north, east, west :) ) - recent buys around 2500+sqm across 4 ips.

that Arnott street is where I used to stay it is like right in front of uni - no question hands down (that is known as the golden square ard monash uni - u got to go the auctions and see how the bidding is ard there) and that is only 790K. I have going ard in clayton since early 2000s back then in uni and when i lived there. back then was only that "wah kee" chinese restaurant and the hong kong supermarket before it is renovated. u're an intelligent guy @google boy Townhouses in clayton are like "cars" they only sell very high when new and you know the smart money is no longer in clayton. that ship has sailed. 20-30K - man i used to refurbish apartments for more than that and if you kitchen needs to be redone what are you talking about ? also nowadays ppl want double glaze windows, solar, rainwatertanks, home automation and now even telsa power batts (those weren't use that much back then - so that is why those commie chinese want new) u were smart enough to venture out otherwise you would have bought another townhouse in clayton

Last edited: 23rd Jul, 2017
  7. google boy

I always believe to diversify my property portfolio. Anyway , Property market is done for me right now until I get married . I am focusing on shares right now. As I don't hold a degree to get good job and high income.

8. melbournian

damn - I thought you were married with 3-4 kids from the way you were talking. you're done very well anyway congrats.

9. google boy

I think , I have done ok for myself. I still need to achieve a lot in my life. I remember every night, when I was new here in Australia., I used to work as kitchen hand in lygon street wash the dishes 8$per hour and still remember Italian owner how he treated me. These sort of incident in my life has taught me to be motivated and determined to be success. Life has not been easy for me but trying my best to succeed in future by gaining knowledge by reading blog, articles and chatting with u guys to broaden my mind.

Invest_noob and melbournian like this.
  10. melbournian

I suppose you would be smiling with the latest infrastructure updates on the trams and the budget allocations. Also with the recent completed rezoning near monash university and clayton central (super big compared to other suburbs) - prices in clayton are still going higher - saw one guy now asking 6+ million for a single site.

upload_2018-5-9_16-3-21.png

upload_2018-5-9_16-3-55.png

upload_2018-5-9_16-5-13.png

11. MichaelGarland

MichaelGarland Well-Known Member

i would invest in templestowe or templestowe lower, theres not much development here and theres many chinese people here. Its a very good area and i know cause im renting here in a templestowe lower and grow up in templestowe. and templestowe especially not development everywhere like doncaster...

12. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Hmmmm since Clayton ain't cheap any more.
    Is that a sign to buy in rowville ?

13. jimkee

jimkee Member

Hmm, I still dont want to live next to refugees and burglaries.Not trying to be racist...It feel much safer If I am going to live in eastern suburbs. Inner west suburbs are really good because they are so close to CBD, however, it's the demography are there what concern buyers..like me..