City of Marion, Adelaide, SA Rezoning

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by ROSEMARY, 9th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ROSEMARY

ROSEMARY Member

Hi

I live in Melbourne and have a family home to sell in Seaview Downs, SA.

It sits on 1300sqm+ block, with views, and before I sign an agent to sell the property I'd like to work out the potential of the site for redevelopment.

I've spoken with the Marion Council and because the house is on a 1 to 8 slope there are site restrictions.

Is there anyone here who's across recent Council's Development Panel rulings and/or near-future opportunities to subdivide land in the escarpment zone.

Cheers
    Rosemary

2. Thir13en

Thir13en New Member

Hi Rosemary, I live in the Marion council area and that size block is fantastic for that area. I can see why you are considering subdivision etc.

I would talk to a local developer who is familiar with the council restrictions for that area as I'm sure they would have a solid understanding of what they need to do to be approved to develop the site accordingly.

Even if they can just give you an idea of the cost and hassle involved in developing the site then you can weigh that option up compared to simply selling the site as is.

3. ROSEMARY

ROSEMARY Member

Have had lots of investigations done by developers and the consensus is the property can't readily be subdivided under the current laws because of frontage and slope and, because of the backlog in the new Minister's desk, the changes to these rules are nowhere near imminent.

Of course, I'm disappointed with the advice but I feel it is accurate.

4. Thir13en

Thir13en New Member

That would be very frustrating, however the size of the block you own in that area is very large and more than likely worth a decent amount without having to develop. It might be easier to sell as is and let someone else deal with the headache of council requirements. Especially if you are interstate.

5. ROSEMARY

ROSEMARY Member

The process wasn't frustrating; it was enlightening. And now enough developers know the property and if they are interested they will turn up.